Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and Spanking
Religion and Spanking
So I was listening to a TTA podcast and while I think the forum went over this topic a few years ago I thought I'd rehash it. Spanking, right or wrong? You thoughts on spanking as a form of godly discipline? Were you spanked? Did it affect you in anyway? Thoughts in general…
RE: Religion and Spanking
Spanking is a very adverse way of going about discipline. It does not solve a problem whatsoever. Rather, it merely perpetuates the problem.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Personally I was hit exactly six times that I can remember. Each time I was only made more resentful and simply fueled my temper.
Precisely why spanking is not a novel idea.
~ Erin Hunter
Oh, THAT kind of spanking.

Never mind. Carry on . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 19, 2016 at 9:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Oh, THAT kind of spanking.

Never mind.  Carry on . . . .

*Spanks you silly*
~ Erin Hunter
(July 19, 2016 at 9:29 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(July 19, 2016 at 9:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Oh, THAT kind of spanking.

Never mind.  Carry on . . . .

*Spanks you silly*

Go flirt somewhere else you guys
Yeah, I was spanked. My parents deny it ever happened now. I don't know if they are lying or delusional. Or (less likely) my memories have become warped.

I've got a lot of issues that are probably from my childhood, it's hard to tell if any of them came from this or not.

I think it's generally a bad idea. I don't have kids (and never will) but I can't imagine I could even bring myself to do it. I don't think it sends the right message.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Parents are useless.
~ Erin Hunter
Blush
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.