Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God and resting
God and resting
Looking at another thread here got me wondering about the fact that god needed to rest after he supposedly made the world. 

Apparently it was a permanent resting because he's done little else since. Well, to his credit, he has caused mass genocide and spread panic everywhere. But....All that time on his hands and he can't even be bothered to eradicate disease or end hunger or even show his face to all his sheeple. 

So really, does an entity that's supposedly omni everything really need to rest at all?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: God and resting
It's a story. Not a good one either.
I guess the answer is he didn't need to, but he did it anyway.

Just like he didn't need to make a whole reality full of almost completely nothing, just to eventually get worked up about where some shaved chimps stick their nobs.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
He supposedly knows what we're doing at all times. So that means he's in a constant state of sleep deprivation, meaning no - he doesn't need to rest... which one can only conclude that all that bs in the buy bull is just that..bs.

So as of right now religion based on the Abrahamic god should end immediately because there's no way that any of that shit made any sense. Hell, god doesn't even need to sustain nourishment. He doesn't need to breathe. I'd love to see a theist make some sort of argument from that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
He took a break because the earth was ready, and he could finally grow some weed on it Tongue

All the ramblings after he woke up is proof of the weed theoryBig Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

God isn't big on continuity either.

Almost gives one the impression it's all made up shit, and made up by different clueless twits over a long period of time.

Kinda like LDS . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

He was just setting an example. Seems that church leaders got the hint. We're not really gonna do anything of substance but still give us money.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Here's an idea:

They had to justify having a day where you go to church, so you give them money. This requires you not working on that day. So God rested on one day, providing the excuse for this. Sneaky.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Biblical God doesn't appear to be omnipotent or even omniscient.
Running around in Genesis, all flustered; "What? I can't see you...Where y'all at? What'd y'all do?"
Chargers game, maaaan.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12241 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6670 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad