Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:50 am

Poll: How much do you enjoy days you spend the whole time indoors?
This poll is closed.
I usually prefer it when I spend all day indoors.
11.76%
2 11.76%
I usually prefer it when I at least go out once during the day.
58.82%
10 58.82%
I like or dislike both equally.
29.41%
5 29.41%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoor Days
Indoor Days
Days you spend all day indoors and don't go out at all... do you tend to enjoy them as much, less, or more than days when you go out?
RE: Indoor Days
Most of the times, yes.  I enjoy my lazy days of simply sitting around enjoying my own company. Just like i enjoy spending hours outdoors exploring the earth.
I prefer being nature adjacent, instead of outside directly. Put me by a big window with a lot of foliage on the other side, possibly some rain against the glass, and I'll be quite happy working away the entire day inside. I don't really need to be right out in it, when climate control and comfy armchairs are things.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
That was a hard one (but a good one). I voted "I like or dislike both equally.*"

I'll likely ramble in my attempt to explain. For one, my mind and my body are often at odds. Part of spina bifida for most of us is a finicky bowel and bladder, so special thought needs to be given towards eating and drinking in relation to my scheduled daily activities. So, my body may not be in a good position to go out even though my brain is all "Go, go, go". Unpleasant dichotomy.

As well, I just have a tough time with people. Either people that make comments (even well intended ones) about the way I walk or do anything else, or just clingy people, which I get a lot of (as most of us, regardless of ability, occasionally get). 

But, as I said, sometimes in my mind, I do want to go out, and if I can groom my body to cooperate, then that all has the makings of a good day. 

For me, I think being 100% social butterfly and 100% hermit are equally bad. You need to give yourself a break from whatever it is you were doing before, indoors or out.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I've heard rumors about this 'outside' that people talk about, but have been too afraid to investigate.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Option one with a caveat. I only have to open my door or my window to be at the edge of a forrest. So indoors is relative. I spend many days indoors with venturing out for a little stride once in a while. But other than having to shop for groceries and fags every so often, I love staying at home.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 30, 2016 at 6:13 pm)abaris Wrote: Option one with a caveat. I only have to open my door or my window to be at the edge of a forrest. So indoors is relative. I spend many days indoors with venturing out for a little stride once in a while. But other than having to shop for groceries and fags every so often, I love staying at home.

What's your preferred brand?
"I Don't Want To Get Over You"

I don't want to get over you
I guess I could take a sleeping pill
And sleep at will
And not have to go through
What I go through
I guess I should take Prozac, right?
And just smile all night
At somebody new
Somebody not too bright
But sweet and kind
Who would try to get you off my mind
I could leave this agony behind
Which is just what I'd do
If I wanted to
But I don't want to get over you

'Cause I don't want to get over love
I could listen to my therapist
Pretend you don't exist 
And not have to dream of
What I dream of
I could listen to all my friends
And go out again
And pretend it's enough
Or I could make a career of being blue
I could dress in black and read Camus
Smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth
Like I was seventeen
That would be a scream
But I don't want to get over you
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 30, 2016 at 6:16 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: What's your preferred brand?

Philip Morris Blue 100.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 30, 2016 at 6:20 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 30, 2016 at 6:16 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: What's your preferred brand?

Philip Morris Blue 100.

Very nice. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2607 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1984 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 984 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1457 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  30 Days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 61 4024 December 31, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  80 days to go. onlinebiker 77 10975 September 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3548 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  13 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 195 14218 November 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Thread of Days. Gawdzilla Sama 36 3409 September 4, 2018 at 6:25 am
  When was "your" good old days? ignoramus 49 6700 April 4, 2018 at 8:07 am