Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sobering Look at a 19th Century Slave Auction
A Sobering Look at a 19th Century Slave Auction
Found this on the site of the almighty wise patron of cephalopods and atheists:

[youtube]Tu3j7rPscpY[/youtube]

Hail to the Northern War of Aggression on the South!
RE: A Sobering Look at a 19th Century Slave Auction
Next you'll be telling us that pain is unpleasant, Hitler was a bad man, and water is wet? Thanks for the sobering look Syn, I thought slave auctions were all flowers, puppies, and trading labor for fair wages. Now we know the REAL truth. /sarcasm

At any rate that was an interesting video.

Rhizo
(August 15, 2010 at 10:14 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Next you'll be telling us that pain is unpleasant, Hitler was a bad man, and water is wet? Thanks for the sobering look Syn, I thought slave auctions were all flowers, puppies, and trading labor for fair wages. Now we know the REAL truth. /sarcasm

Rhizo

I just took the authors description as the title.

No need to be all bitch snark on me.
Bitch snark? Classic.
I don't even know what that means.
Neither do I.

Does it matter what it means? it sounded funny and thats the main thing Big Grin

"A man who keeps one eye on the past is blind in one eye. A man who ignores the past is blind in both."
(August 16, 2010 at 12:26 am)Synackaon Wrote:
(August 15, 2010 at 10:14 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Next you'll be telling us that pain is unpleasant, Hitler was a bad man, and water is wet? Thanks for the sobering look Syn, I thought slave auctions were all flowers, puppies, and trading labor for fair wages. Now we know the REAL truth. /sarcasm

Rhizo

I just took the authors description as the title.

No need to be all bitch snark on me.

Regardless of how you came up with the title I found it funny. Is a bitch snark any relation to the wood snipe of snipe hunting? They are good eatin'.

Rhizo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOBpUGZLz...re=related

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loan offers that look just like checks. Jehanne 6 715 December 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Do we look like the Shell Answer Man? onlinebiker 8 613 December 7, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Look it up in the dictionary.... Brian37 13 903 June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2037 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hipsters All Look Alike! chimp3 12 2064 March 13, 2019 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Look What Alex, mh, Borum Vorlon, et al Helped me Accoimpish Rhondazvous 18 2647 September 16, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8612 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4799 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What's your retirement look like? J a c k 45 2888 December 22, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why can't creationists look through God? ScienceAf 33 5684 September 7, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue