Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is What Drumpf Wants To Put A Heartbeat
This is What Drumpf Wants To Put A Heartbeat
from the presidency.

https://youtu.be/ikax0Y0NJsY

Dumbass.
RE: This is What Drumpf Wants To Put A Heartbeat
Not as bad to be sure, but it's still a race to the bottom:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QcgrTZ3bGnQ
The reason you vote for the lesser of two evils is so that the greater of two evils doesn't win.

Tongue
I just watched the Pence video. Jesus Fuck! It's still a race to the bottom, but Pence will win going away.
(August 5, 2016 at 2:10 am)Cato Wrote: Not as bad to be sure, but it's still a race to the bottom:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QcgrTZ3bGnQ

What, so what if he's not exceptionally charismatic, he could be a brilliant VP for all I know. Or is being a bit boring now on the same level as being an anti science bigot
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Isn't that what's wrong with US politics in a nutshell?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 5, 2016 at 2:18 am)Alex K Wrote: What, so what if he's not exceptionally charismatic, he could be a brilliant VP for all I know. Or is being a bit boring now on the same level as being an anti science bigot

Exactly - the worst thing about Tim Kaine I've heard so far was his harmonica. Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The argument that because the signers of the Declaration of Independence believed in a creator god, that we should is particularly fraught with begged questions.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 5, 2016 at 5:39 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: The argument that because the signers of the Declaration of Independence believed in a creator god, that we should is particularly fraught with begged questions.

I had the impression that some of them were rather secular in their mindset. Was I wrong?
They were products of the enlightenment, many of them clung to the term deist. They were secular in that they wanted religion and government separate.

But the majority of them were slave owners, most would be appalled at seeing a woman nominated for president, most would have shat themselves at a black man as president.

Point being, not everything they stood for or believed in should be lauded. They made a remarkably transcendent document, for that they should be applauded. But the fact that they didn't believe in evolution or believed in creation doesn't make those things any more true.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1248 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1490 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1951 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 629 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2913 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump wants a transparent border wall... Rev. Rye 34 5834 July 18, 2017 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  No One Actually Wants an Equal Society InquiringMind 69 7708 March 21, 2017 at 11:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is There Any Drumpf Appointee Who Doesn't Have Putin's Dick Up His Ass? Minimalist 34 7683 March 4, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  CPAC and Russia and Drumpf, Oh My! Minimalist 9 1645 February 25, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6649 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU