Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crooked Corporations and the Politicians They Own
Crooked Corporations and the Politicians They Own
North Carolina variant:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/chief-nc...r-quality/

Quote:Chief NC scientist resigns, accuses GOP administration of misleading the public about water quality

Quote:Testing, however, showed that well water near the coal ash sites still had levels of hexavalent chromium higher than in the municipal water supply. And Duke Energy, it turned out, had lobbied the state to reverse the do-not-drink order, even though nothing about most of the storage sites had changed. There were still unlined coal ash sites dotting the state, and there were still toxins in the water.

The optics for the state government were bad. McCrory was an employee of Duke Energy for nearly 30 years before becoming governor, and several state employees disagreed with the decision to reverse the do-not-drink order. This included Ken Rudo, a toxicologist for the Department of Health and Human Services, who believed that it was Duke’s connection to the government that led to the reversal of the order.

Someone tell me again about the free hand of the "market?"
RE: Crooked Corporations and the Politicians They Own
Where is Erin?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Crooked Corporations and the Politicians They Own
So what? There's money to be made!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All Politicians Lie onlinebiker 23 1231 January 11, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Crooked Politicians onlinebiker 23 1811 February 20, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 951 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6497 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Betsy Devos - Crooked Cunt Minimalist 7 1221 August 13, 2018 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1944 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I posed a question for these flag loving Trumpsters and they did not like it NuclearEnergy 23 5584 September 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  My Biggest Criticism Of My Own Country (Canada) Amarok 11 4439 September 20, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: c172
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 954 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy