Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awkward Moments anyone?
Awkward Moments anyone?
This thread is for sharing any awkward moments you've experienced. Whether it be people imposing religion on you or whatnot, feel free to share! Here, I'll start. 

So last week I was at a Christian camp with my grandparents and cousins (nobody knows my {lack of} religions yet) and yesterday was my cousins baptism. So as we’re leaving the church some old lady comes up to my grandma and congratulates her on how her grandson has accepted the lord and then starts talking about how it’s great when your kids accept the lord but how it’s better when your grand kids do and I’m just off to the side sweating nervously.
Ayyyyyyy!
RE: Awkward Moments anyone?
Ok. Here's mine.
I wake up every morning.
Angel
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(August 20, 2016 at 9:26 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Ok. Here's mine.
I wake up every morning.
Angel

#relatable
Ayyyyyyy!
Ok. A real story.
I frequently go to two local joints for craft beer. I'm a regular. I'm friends with all the staff in both places even outside of the place. One of the joints has a very cute owner who is also my friend. When I'm at the other place, I often gush about how awesome he is. They all make jokes and stuff. One day I'm sitting at the bar and they mention him. I'm there talking to all the strangers about ship cruises, seniors snow birding, and twins. They said his name, so I ran my mouth recommending his restaurant to my new stranger friends. I also probably mentioned that he's adorable. Then someone sat next to me. Place is almost empty, so no need to sit so close. My mouth is full of beer and I slowly turn around to see who sat next to me. It's him! Caught me! I gagged. He grinned and said, "Choking there, Ivy?" And well... Cricket cricket.
When my friend killed himself, there was definitely some awkward moments at the funeral. It was given by a Catholic priest who had never actually met my friend. He spent the whole time comparing my friend to Judas Iscariot(who betrayed Jesus), because they both hung themselves. He didn't say a single nice thing about my friend and pretty much insinuated that my friend was now down below getting what he deserves, 'cause, you know, Catholics think it's the unforgivable sin to kill yourself.

Even at a funeral some Christian assholes can't stop pushing their bullshit.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I feel awkward and do awkward stuff all the time. A better question would be, when am I not awkward?
(August 20, 2016 at 10:37 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I feel awkward and do awkward stuff all the time. A better question would be, when am I not awkward?

Me! That's me!
When the JW's and Mormons come to my door and ask me "Do you have time to talk about our Lord and savior Jesus Christ?" and I tell them, "Sure come on in, I've developed a holographic map of the Kingdom of Heaven within us and all around us with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit unfolding from a natural quantum division of an original unified state of God.....and they back away looking at me like I'm the crazy one! Hilarious

It's awkward for everyone there...now it's awkward for you all too. Hehe
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(August 20, 2016 at 9:23 pm)CloverGrace Wrote: This thread is for sharing any awkward moments you've experienced. Whether it be people imposing religion on you or whatnot, feel free to share! Here, I'll start. 

So last week I was at a Christian camp with my grandparents and cousins (nobody knows my {lack of} religions yet) and yesterday was my cousins baptism. So as we’re leaving the church some old lady comes up to my grandma and congratulates her on how her grandson has accepted the lord and then starts talking about how it’s great when your kids accept the lord but how it’s better when your grand kids do and I’m just off to the side sweating nervously.

Omg... Your stealing the spotlight... NEIGHHH!H!H!HH!!HH!H!

Ok be me many years ago when I was 18, my dad was still a Baptist preacher and I was in college, My first cousin was afraid he'd knocked up his the girlfriend and wanted me to buy a pregnancy test because we was "too shy".
I bought it but didn't see him the rest of that weekend so I hid it in the bathroom I shared with my younger sister who still lived at home. Came back home the next Friday afternoon and heard crying and yelling. My sister was being grilled over who was the boy that was knocking up my sister and she didn't even have a boyfriend at the time! My mom rushed me aside and told me what was going down. I immediately confessed the truth but my parents wouldn't believe me. My poor sister!
Find the cure for Fundementia!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most Awkward Presents My imaginary friend is GOD 19 2425 March 17, 2014 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Epic/Crappy Moments on the Job Walking Void 11 3253 November 3, 2013 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Your Embarrassing Moments NoraBrimstone 19 5603 June 24, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Face palm moments Gooders1002 3 1563 February 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Something completely different