Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know anything about commerical fire sprinklers?
Know anything about commerical fire sprinklers?
Okay I know this isn't a topic that has anything to do with religion but I'm getting nowhere with my apartment complex and could use advice. My apartment shares a wall with a small room that says;

Fire Sprinkler Room
Domestic Water Room

It has a beeping alert that goes off. This has been going on for a year or two. It will beep continuously in a maddening way that I can hear in my apartment. It will go off for a few weeks then stop for a few months. I have been naughty because while the door is locked it doesn't shut properly so I can access it. There is a switch that says buzzer silence. I have been hitting it just to stop the beeping. I have complained over and over and it does no good. I spoke with someone on Facebook and shared pictures. They said it might be that the sprinkler doesn't have enough water pressure to work properly and is trying to alert someone about it. Lately there is a new light that mentions a battery problem (The first light just say common trouble) and the beeping is more persistent. I mean I silence it and before I even get back to my front door it starts again. It won't stop. It wakes me up at night, I have to have the TV or music on at all times, I'm getting so frustrated. Apparently my neighbors are finally getting mad too because someone in a fit of rage the other night broke the door more so now it doesn't shut at all. This only proved to make the beeping louder due to the lack of being muffled by the door. I will try and attach pictures in a moment but does anyone know what this could be, if I have any hold in making threats to not pay rent until they get this fixed, or if I am in any danger of the sprinklers not working during a fire?

The people in the complex keep acting like it is a new problem or that they are surprised. They keep promising to fix it and now they won't answer my calls. They are never open when I am home so I am sending my fiancé but he is super nice and I don't know if he will get across how much of problem this is.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
RE: Know anything about commerical fire sprinklers?
[Image: 13173852_1273196416041810_520454570999704081_n.jpg]
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
[Image: 13118917_1273196426041809_7577855108446257953_n.jpg]

These pictures are from last May. Now the while thing looks ripped apart and the stickers are still there.

It probably needs a new battery. Call the manufacturer or the local fire department.
(August 24, 2016 at 12:03 pm)Thena323 Wrote: It probably needs a new battery. Call the manufacturer or the local fire department.

I would agree that there is a battery issue but the beeping was long before the battery light came on. The paper says something about antifreeze. You think the fire department would know if it was a private company that installed it? Hmm it couldn't hurt at least. I know nothing about this kind of thing.

Does one of your local TV stations have a "complaint reporter?"  Someone who investigates consumer complaints?  Sometimes public shaming works better than anything else.
(August 24, 2016 at 12:15 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(August 24, 2016 at 12:03 pm)Thena323 Wrote: It probably needs a new battery. Call the manufacturer or the local fire department.

I would agree that there is a battery issue but the beeping was long before the battery light came on. The paper says something about antifreeze. You think the fire department would know if it was a private company that installed it? Hmm it couldn't hurt at least. I know nothing about this kind of thing.

IDK. But, they may very well address the issue may if it's a matter of being up to code/compliance; By putting a fire (pun intended) underneath the responsible party's ass.
@Minimalist I didn't think of that. Austin is a hippy city they would cry foul over unjust large companies.

@Thena323 It is definitely worth the try.

Sounds like something that a marriage and a new place will solve.

Or a can of insulating expanding foam over the speaker.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3581 174026 Yesterday at 1:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1007 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Ask me anything FrustratedFool 31 1911 August 30, 2023 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Anyone know anything about smoke detectors? Brian37 37 2000 November 8, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2089 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ask me anything Lucanus 41 3890 August 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Are you anything like your parent(s)? Foxaèr 27 2814 July 29, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17190 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 6561 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10522 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus