Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Has To Be Something Awful In Them
There Has To Be Something Awful In Them
Failing to disclose his tax returns is causing an an amazing amount of scrotum twisting by the Drumpf campaign.  What are they hiding?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/watch-er...x-returns/

Quote:Watch Eric Trump flail wildly as he tries to explain why his dad won’t release tax returns
RE: There Has To Be Something Awful In Them
I had to stop reading after 'scrotum twisting'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 24, 2016 at 5:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I had to stop reading after 'scrotum twisting'.

Boru

yeah, stupid mirror neurons Angry
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Since they already think that Obama is the Anti-Christ or something and that nothing is beneath him, if I were him I'd pick up the phone and tell the head of the IRS to call off any audits for Trump, effective immediately. I'm not sure if the President can actually do such a thing, but if it's in his authority, it would be priceless to watch the Trump camp fabricate entirely new and heretofore unspoken reasons for not releasing the returns.
Didn't Buffet already state explicitely that audits are not a hindrance for releasing the information?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(August 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Alex K Wrote: Didn't Buffet already state explicitely that audits are not a hindrance for releasing the information?

I'm fairly sure everyone has stated that. I suspect the reason Trump won't release them is that he isn't as rich as he says he is. Since he reacts like a petulant child whenever someone questions his wealth, I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Alex K Wrote: Didn't Buffet already state explicitely that audits are not a hindrance for releasing the information?

I'm fairly sure everyone has stated that.  I suspect the reason Trump won't release them is that he isn't as rich as he says he is.  Since he reacts like a petulant child whenever someone questions his wealth, I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

I think it's likely that, or that his returns would show he's not very charitable, or that he pays very little in taxes.

...though I think your supposition is the more likely.
(August 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

I'm fairly sure everyone has stated that.  I suspect the reason Trump won't release them is that he isn't as rich as he says he is.  Since he reacts like a petulant child whenever someone questions his wealth, I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

Boru

I wonder how he still keps this justification up in public if it has been debunked...

(August 24, 2016 at 6:18 pm)Alex K Wrote: I wonder how he still keps this justification up in public if it has been debunked...

If his demographic could recognize when something was debunked, they wouldn't be republicans in the first place.
A Gemma is forever.
(August 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Since they already think that Obama is the Anti-Christ or something and that nothing is beneath him, if I were him I'd pick up the phone and tell the head of the IRS to call off any audits for Trump, effective immediately. I'm not sure if the President can actually do such a thing, but if it's in his authority, it would be priceless to watch the Trump camp fabricate entirely new and heretofore unspoken reasons for not releasing the returns.

The IRS cannot release anyone's information except as allowed by Section 6103 of the Code.  There is absolutely nothing to stop a citizen from releasing his/her own information.  Drumpf's protestations about that simple fact are a lie.
Something he is quite proficient at.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something I've wondered about Hollywood Foxaèr 23 808 December 13, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 416 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Something very bad is coming to the whole world. WinterHold 7 677 November 27, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1142 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2488 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Say Something Nice About President Trump BrianSoddingBoru4 177 16389 June 26, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2742 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 616 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Conservatards: Irony Is Wasted On Them! Minimalist 11 2213 January 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 633 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32