Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests
NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests
Quote:President Donald Trump, in a rare display of modesty, refused to accept credit for a newly enacted ban on NFL player protests — but team owners admit he pressured them into the controversial policy.

Players will not be allowed to protest during the national anthem under the new policy, although they may remain in the locker room, after Trump and some fans complained about silent demonstrations against racism and police brutality.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/nfl-own...-protests/
RE: NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests
Suppression of freedom of speech/protest rarely ends well. This might turn out to be an interesting experiment.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, I don't see this ending well at all.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 24, 2018 at 10:24 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Suppression of freedom of speech/protest rarely ends well. This might turn out to be an interesting experiment.

Who's the "owner" of the printing press here? The team owners? The municipality that owns the stadium?? A game isn't really 'public' in the sense of a street corner as an admission fee is charged to enter the facility.

It's a fascinating case entirely from a legal perspective. The 'religious' overtone to kneeling is VERY interesting too.

While I generally deride lawyers, I'd actually like to see some litigation on this one. It's very interesting.

Popcorn
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Like, whole teams staying in the locker room?  Though, I doubt that would effect the outcomes of some of those games even if they stayed in for all four quarters, lol. It'd make alot more room for commercials, though.

@Vor, IDK...we pay an awful lot of money for those stadiums..............I don;t get near as much money as they do..but for the pittance I take I;m forced to comply with a whole host of shit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'll also note the team owners will be EXQUISITELY sensitive to ticket prices and salable TV rights. Kinda clouds the purity of the constitutional issues . . . .

unfortunately.

Even the municipalities that incurred the debt to build the stadiums are going to be sensitive to the dollar input factor . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Has anyone come across the actual policy wording yet? If it only states "stand while on the field" could they stand on one leg and flap their arms like a chicken?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'll even admit to being a little distracted by the thought of more virile men in the locker rooms for longer periods of time . . .

Blush

Quote:Star NFL Player Tells League & Trump To Shove It Like A True U.S Patriot
http://bipartisanreport.com/2018/05/23/s...t-details/

Oh dear:

Quote:Trump warns NFL protesters that citizenship is conditional: ‘Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country’
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/trump-w...t-country/
-and this is the kind of situation that people were talking about when they mentioned that rebellion was not only a right, but a duty, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Banning circumsicion FrustratedFool 114 8701 November 29, 2023 at 9:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1442 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 570 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 421 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 783 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1058 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 726 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36890 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2555 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1158 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay