Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them
True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/white-e...-religion/

Quote:White evangelicals will never dump Trump — but their power is shrinking as people flee organized religion

Quote:It’s time for journalists and pundits to get over their fantasy that white evangelicals will someday grow a conscience, stop voting for Republicans, and start voting for the ostensible Christian values of charity and love. This contradiction, between the supposed white evangelical commitment to morality and their tendency to vote for politicians who snatch food from the hungry and wreck the planet for future generations, has long bedeviled many political observers. But this collision between stated values and actual values grew even more ridiculous when white evangelicals flocked to chronic adulterer Donald Trump, despite spending decades piously declaring that they had to vote Republican because of their views on sexual morality and marriage

All this help the poor shit really doesn't sit well with the cunts.
RE: True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them
(November 15, 2018 at 8:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/white-e...-religion/

Quote:White evangelicals will never dump Trump — but their power is shrinking as people flee organized religion

Quote:It’s time for journalists and pundits to get over their fantasy that white evangelicals will someday grow a conscience, stop voting for Republicans, and start voting for the ostensible Christian values of charity and love. This contradiction, between the supposed white evangelical commitment to morality and their tendency to vote for politicians who snatch food from the hungry and wreck the planet for future generations, has long bedeviled many political observers. But this collision between stated values and actual values grew even more ridiculous when white evangelicals flocked to chronic adulterer Donald Trump, despite spending decades piously declaring that they had to vote Republican because of their views on sexual morality and marriage

Tried to buy the Republican party...Russia beat them to it. Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 15, 2018 at 9:34 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(November 15, 2018 at 8:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/white-e...-religion/

Tried to buy the Republican party...Russia beat them to it. Dodgy

Oh min, how I've missed you. I still have no idea what Jesus has to do with trump or republicans. Classic min clickbate on that thread title
How could you miss me if you were never here before?
I haven't merged his old account with his new one yet, but he's tackattack, back from a lengthy absence Big Grin
Tacky!  Welcome home.

Quote:I still have no idea what Jesus has to do with trump or republicans.

Probably be a surprise to fucking jesus, too!

[Image: f4mip30f3r201.png]
Glad to see you folks too. Thanks for sorting that out boss man. Now I need to stop dawdling at work and finish up so I can get caught up on what's the haps here.
<end hijacked thread>
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
So much has changed but we still have some of the original members from back in the day.
Overheard in the Oval Office:

"Feed the poor"

"Not gonna happen, Jesus"

"Love those who hate you"

"Fuck off, Jesus"

"As you have treated the least among you..."

"Will someone get security in here!"
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Innocence is not enough for the Supreme Court... Rev. Rye 7 502 May 27, 2022 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Right's true opposition to CRT? Jehanne 33 2459 August 3, 2021 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 414 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Incest should be legal because homosexuality is Rein83 52 5558 August 6, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4240 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2435 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 29921 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2709 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 594 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Conservatards: Irony Is Wasted On Them! Minimalist 11 2183 January 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome