Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:41 am

Poll: Are you a sexual person who could have a nonsexual/asexual romantic relationship with someone?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I am not an asexual but I could nevertheless have a romantic asexual relationship with someone.
58.82%
10 58.82%
No, I am not an asexual and I could definitely never have a romantic asexual relationship with someone.
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asexual Love.
Asexual Love.
I happen to be as far from Asexual as you can get (Read that as: "Hammy is a very very dirty dirty filthy turtle."). But I was randomly wondering to myself how many highly (or moderately) sexual people here would be willing to have a romantic nonsexual/asexual relationship with someone else? Would you and could you do it?
RE: Asexual Love.
I feel like at 40 I still have teen hormones. However, if I were to live to 70 and beyond, and looks were not part of the package for me or my wife, I would sure hope love would be there. My grandparents just did part in his 86th year, and they were madly in love, even though old age had rendered them almost immobile. 

I don't want marriage, in part because I don't think I could recreate that kind of love.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'll add that I have to fulfil my sexual needs. I'd fulfil them elsewhere if I were in an asexual romantic relationship.

So although my romance would be monogamous and exclusive, my sexuality wouldn't.

Also it wouldn't have to be permanent -- a nonsexual relationship could always become sexual -- and I don't know why I'd want it. But basically I'd be open to it.

I'd also be open to being romantic towards multiple people... if I could. But the way my heart works I don't think I can do that. It's not that I don't have enough room in my heart to love multiple people, I do, I just don't have enough room in my heart to love someone really really deeply and that's the way I like my love. Really really deep (It's also the way I like my sex but that's another matter and not the purpose of this topic Big Grin).
I don't understand the question. Lol. Help a dummy out!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I mean could you have a romantic relationship with someone you were in love with without sex.

P.S. You're not a dummy, you're a lovie Heart
LFC is best non-dummy.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(August 31, 2016 at 10:06 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I mean could you have a romantic relationship with someone you were in love with without sex.

P.S. You're not a dummy.

OH!  Hmmm...that would be difficult.  No sex at all?  No kissing, cuddling, or heavy petting?  

*thinking*

Honestly even WITH that other stuff, after a while I would need the sex, I think.   Sad
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(August 31, 2016 at 10:08 am)c172 Wrote: LFC is best non-dummy.

Oh, spanks!!! Heart

(August 31, 2016 at 10:10 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: OH!  Hmmm...that would be difficult.  No sex at all?  No kissing, cuddling, or heavy petting?  

If "heavy petting" means what I think it means, that tends to be sexual.

Kissing and cuddling don't have to be sexual though. I guess a very passionate tongue kiss tends to be seen as sexual but I guess even that is possible to be fully non-sexual. It depends how horny it makes you I guess Angel

Kisses on the lips and cuddles can definitely be nonsexual.

As far as I understand it anyway. This is only my own interpretation. Smile.
Probably not what you mean, but Brian falls into the category by virtue of having died before I sorted out my feelings for him . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6892 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6773 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL