Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people would you vouch for?
How many people would you vouch for?
I've been thinking about how many people in my life I truly trust. I'm talking about people that I feel I have had enough experiences with that I could vouch for them. I'm sure you know what I mean, but I'm talking about this kind of thing:

I believe that:

-They would never intentionally hurt me
-I can safely tell them anything in confidence
-I would trust them with the safety of others
-They would never betray me, even if they had the perfect opportunity and could get away with it
-If I needed them, they would do everything in their power to help me (within reason)

And so on.

So the question is: how many people do you know that you would vouch for? I'm not asking people to name their vouchees of course. It can be both people you know "in real life", and online contacts.

I think I have counted 7. I know many other people who I would feel pretty confident trusting, but I just haven't had enough close contact to be able to vouch for them beyond question.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: How many people would you vouch for?
Maybe my mum.
I've yet to meet someone I could completely trust in that way.
I'm not sure that anybody I know could vouch for me either.
I can really only think of two - my missus and my best mate Jimbo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Best thread ever.

2-3 people. 2 definite.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Mine is also 7. Weird
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

excluding myself,

I could never vouch for myself

But oddly enough people do vouch for me, even those whom I couldn't recognize with a gun to my head.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Thanks guys, interesting Smile

I figured that even people who have hundreds of friends probably aren't going to have more than a few people they would vouch for.

As it happens, I don't have a lot more friends outside this circle anyway, except you other guys on the forum of course.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I used to be more trusting, but too many people have broken that trust. Some of them broke that trust in ways that deeply hurt me. Right now I can place my trust in two others. Everyone else has either not earned it or has lost it for good reasons.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Four people. One of them my brother.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2172 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 18119 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  How many here like pineapple pizza? ZenTrashin 20 1074 January 19, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2026 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  How many here have constant tinnitus? brewer 28 1457 May 20, 2021 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Astreja
  How many pages of "Kudos" do you have? Foxaèr 31 1391 December 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  How do you have so many reputation points? Macoleco 55 4433 August 3, 2019 at 10:04 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1329 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1007 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  How many pods per day? Gawdzilla Sama 67 8949 August 22, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama