Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christianity decline from a christian perspective
christianity decline from a christian perspective
From a religious new service. I think a lot of us have been giving these reasons all along.

Quote: "The number of Christians and cultural strength of Christianity are both declining in the United States. This decline is noticeable and is affecting church life, culture, and politics. It is also deeply disturbing to most Christians, including me."........"Having experienced both kinds of churches, I have witnessed both kinds of disaffiliation: ex-mainliners leaving because their churches were so insipid, and ex-evangelicals leaving because they could not reconcile conservative faith with science, critical thinking, or the contemporary world."

http://religionnews.com/2016/09/06/why-i...declining/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: christianity decline from a christian perspective
Good.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
why would this be considered a good or bad thing, and simply not the ebb and flow of the church in general?
Why? Probably because I am tired of being smothered in Christianity in my every-day life. I see any decline in Christianity around me as a positive result.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(September 8, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Drich Wrote: why would this be considered a good or bad thing, and simply not the ebb and flow of the church in general?

Because the fewer of you dumb fucks there are the better.
(September 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 8, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Drich Wrote: why would this be considered a good or bad thing, and simply not the ebb and flow of the church in general?

Because the fewer of you dumb fucks there are the better.

True, but in fairness we need to keep a few around for the laughs.
Dripshit's whole purpose in life is to be a bad example.
Because this is the end, the organisation(s) has/have lost connection with the younger generation and thus have entered a terminal decline which will follow an exponential path in line with average age of the congregation reaching life expectancy.
Of course the organisations themselves are still in the denial stages.
This will result in no action being taken till almost the point of no return and when it is it will be opposed by the remaining members ensuring that the organisations are consigned to oblivion.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Who knows if there really is such a decline. It is part of the religious totalitarian world view to see any challenge to their supremacy through the eyes of victimhood. Perhaps Christians move horizontally from church to church. Churches then report declines and then start revivals. The days are gone when congregations stay in one church for generations. I am suspicious of claims by xtians there numbers are in decline, they are under attack, or warring on Christmas exists.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(September 8, 2016 at 4:33 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Because the fewer of you dumb fucks there are the better.

True, but in fairness we need to keep a few around for the laughs.

Also for breeding purposes. Whose babies are we going to barbecue otherwise?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88890 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The decline of evangelical Christians. Jehanne 48 6130 January 30, 2019 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6781 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Putting things into perspective dyresand 6 1524 December 12, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7406 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18320 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Christian YouTube Apologist Veritas48 leaves Christianity (deconversion) median 0 7195 April 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: median
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6328 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Decline of Christianity (in England) Welsh cake 16 6047 December 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet