Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bathroom renovation ideas...
Bathroom renovation ideas...
So mum's planning on having her bathrooms renovated. Here is the current dimensions/layout:

[Image: KN9iJOJ.png]

Right some things to note. I haven't quite drawn the ensuite vanity correctly, I have measured the distance from the shower wall to the vanity and it is 720 at its narrowest point (the wall is presently 670 long, I forgot to put that in, and I'm not editing the graphic now). The house is concrete-slab, thus I don't know how far I can move the toilet from the sewage pipe before it becomes a plumbing problem. Mum can't see the toilet from the shower and she doesn't want to see it after the renovations either. As you can see the bathrooms share a wall, and the ensuite is considerably bigger than the main bathroom. Unfortunately they also each have full-length windows (length, not height), and the windows face south so there's no point in taking them out and putting in new ones, therefore the Bathroom unfortunately can't expand into the ensuite space to create two rooms that are 3750 x 1665. The bath dimensions in the main bathroom are not a mistake, and the bath goes "into the wall" (or rather the south and west walls are incomplete).

Here the layout I helped her come up with:

[Image: aiMFx4a.png]

I suggest more narrow vanities than this, but mum is convinced she needs them at least 450 deep. Now some things to note: I don't know shit about shower screens, which is why I put in the two ways to make it. I believe shower screen door hinges can be set to close at any angle, and if that's the case then it isn't a problem using the 160° angle. If it is a problem, it'll have to be angled from the wall and straight. A wall between the shower and toilet will be put in, it needs to be around 1250 high to block the toilet completely from view from inside the shower. The wall also provides space to hang the toilet roll which is not available without it (the toilet roll then has to go on the back wall, in the space where the toiletbrush is). The ensuite is something like 21cm lower than the Bathroom, which makes it possible to put the shower niches on top of each other so the taps in both bathrooms can be away from the shower heads. There is a 700 gap between the ensuite vanity and the shower-screen/shower-wall.

Mum originally wanted to swap the location of the toilet with the shower. I thought that would be much better, however to achieve a 700 gap between the shower and the vanity the vanity would have to be 400 deep and the shower 720deep - or any other dimension that takes more away from the vanity. Unless of course you put the vanity hard against the bath, or on the other wall. Considering those options, she'd rather have it where it is. Another issue is that the shower head would have to be attached to the "long wall", which is not ideal. And she wants a big shower. The 903 length from the wall is what was on the builder's original plan hence the odd number. He also had the shower niches double the length, however that poses the problem that the taps would need to be on the shower-head wall (which is where they are at the moment, but obviously it's best to be able to turn the shower on and off away from the shower head).

Here's the facing view of the bathroom design (room height is 2430):

[Image: f5M5Eec.png]

And the ensuite (room height is 2750):

[Image: nSX8miw.png]
I haven't written the dimensions in, but the grid squares are 100x100 so you can work it out - vanities 400 off the floor and 400 tall, etc. The vanity pipes are correctly positioned, and I've estimated where the sewage pipe is based on the location of the current toilet. Toilet is drawn to scale (360w x 455h) too.

Any thoughts or ideas?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 2925 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Your hobbies/hobby ideas Catholic_Lady 97 11269 February 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need suggestions for bathroom floor Aoi Magi 22 4078 August 21, 2017 at 7:01 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I need Ideas trev22 29 5184 March 22, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: trev22
  Ideas Azu 23 2034 February 20, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: chimp3
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 742 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Any ideas? Expired 27 2949 July 10, 2016 at 6:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Unique First Date Ideas AtheistCreed 21 5675 October 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Halloween Costume Ideas paintpooper 8 3694 October 23, 2011 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ElDinero
  Give Google Ideas The_Flying_Skeptic 11 4952 May 18, 2010 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic