Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just now on FB
Just now on FB
While understandable, this person is caught up in a time  of pain, which anyone can understand, and everyone else can empathize with, it is misplaced anger.

I just read a post in all caps from a person who's grandmother is dying of cancer, basically saying anyone trying to keep him away from her will be in for a fight.

Hospital and nursing home staff HATE having to keep people away. They all would love to have family bedside for their loved ones in their final moment. But unfortunately because of COVID, they cant allow it. It increases the risk of spread and can jeopardize the patient, other patients and staff. Most of the time the staff can and will offer a safe alternative, such as talking through a window, or video chat. 

Even in moments like this, horrible moments nobody wants to go through, hospital staff and nursing home staff have to consider everyone. It is a decision they absolutely hate making.
RE: Just now on FB
You have no respect for this forum, it would seem. Rant on about your personal life.
(October 27, 2020 at 1:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote: While understandable, this person is caught up in a time  of pain, which anyone can understand, and everyone else can empathize with, it is misplaced anger.

I just read a post in all caps from a person who's grandmother is dying of cancer, basically saying anyone trying to keep him away from her will be in for a fight.

Hospital and nursing home staff HATE having to keep people away. They all would love to have family bedside for their loved ones in their final moment. But unfortunately because of COVID, they cant allow it. It increases the risk of spread and can jeopardize the patient, other patients and staff. Most of the time the staff can and will offer a safe alternative, such as talking through a window, or video chat. 

Even in moments like this, horrible moments nobody wants to go through, hospital staff and nursing home staff have to consider everyone. It is a decision they absolutely hate making.

It's a very emotional time for people with ailing loved ones.  It's become an all too common story.

Sadly, the people working the hardest to save lives and to ease a person's last hours are also the ones that take the brunt of the frustration.  

I know of a few people who have lost loved ones they were unable to see in their final days/hours.

(October 27, 2020 at 2:33 pm)Lawz Wrote: You have no respect for this forum, it would seem. Rant on about your personal life.

Are you drunk?  This was one of Brian's sanest posts.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 27, 2020 at 2:33 pm)Lawz Wrote: You have no respect for this forum, it would seem. Rant on about your personal life.

Brian didn’t say one word about his personal life. What are you on about?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

What? Where did that come from?

I did include my experience in responding on Facebook. But this has far more to do with what hospital staff and nursing home staff have to deal with.

You tell me why it is wrong to point out that hospital and nursing staff have a horrible decision to make?

I have friends who work in those places, and they have had to make the horrible decision to tell family and friends to stay away.

It is a harsh reality to tell someone, even in that horrible moment of pain, that not even then, do they have the right to take it out on staff merely trying to save lives. He threatened to fight staff if they didn't let him at her bedside. One can understand the frustration and pain for sure, but making threats isn't the way to deal with the pain.
(October 27, 2020 at 3:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

What? Where did that come from?

I did include my experience in responding on Facebook. But this has far more to do with what hospital staff and nursing home staff have to deal with.

You tell me why it is wrong to point out that hospital and nursing staff have a horrible decision to make?

I have friends who work in those places, and they have had to make the horrible decision to tell family and friends to stay away.

It is a harsh reality to tell someone, even in that horrible moment of pain, that not even then, do they have the right to take it out on staff merely trying to save lives. He threatened to fight staff if they didn't let him at her bedside. One can understand the frustration and pain for sure, but making threats isn't the way to deal with the pain.
Brian, your post was totally reasonable.  And it is an issue.  People are hurting and are lashing out but the only people they have to lash out at are the ones who are actually trying to help.  This whole COVID disaster is just awful on so many levels.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Lay off the bottle.

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

I've sat with a few patients so they didn't die alone. It's never a nice thing.

And it's tough for any clinician not to let family be with loved ones.

But there are often hundreds of other patients at risk, too.
Dying to live, living to die.
There's no solution. Via con diablos.
(October 27, 2020 at 4:09 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:

Lay off the bottle.

RAmen

Correct, I was plastered. Apologies to you Brian, there is no justification for my comment. Sorry. Residing on the wagon once again I am.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2834 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  So I ran into Apu just now...... Brian37 14 2435 October 16, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2137 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Just now on Twitter..... Brian37 14 1436 September 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So just now on twitter. Brian37 12 1692 June 22, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  So just what has Kichi been up to now? KichigaiNeko 13 3964 November 12, 2013 at 3:24 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko