Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone have any Atheist Tattoos??
Anyone have any Atheist Tattoos??
I just got my first tattoo, which says "Atheist". I thought people around here might have a little more appreciation than my family/friends. What do you guys think? It's located on the outside of my left leg. It's an ambigram.. It spells atheist forward and backwards.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/797/imag0100iv.jpg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Anyone have any Atheist Tattoos??
(August 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm)Jonjames505 Wrote: I just got my first tattoo, which says "Atheist". I thought people around here might have a little more appreciation than my family/friends. What do you guys think? It's located on the outside of my left leg. It's an ambigram.. It spells atheist forward and backwards.

i couldnt even read it.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Does a tattoo of the Ring of Power count?
Tattoos don't appeal to me. When I'm older and my skin gets saggy, they'll just look rubbish. Small ones might be alright, but then I might get bored of it, or change my mind about whatever statement I'm making with it. Temporary tattoos are the way forward.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Since they're on me, all of mine are atheist tattoos!
All of mine are atheist tattoos, since they're on me!
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!
(August 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm)Jonjames505 Wrote: I just got my first tattoo, which says "Atheist". I thought people around here might have a little more appreciation than my family/friends. What do you guys think? It's located on the outside of my left leg. It's an ambigram.. It spells atheist forward and backwards.

Honestly? A stupid thing to do.

You asked.Angel

Yes,I do have a tattoo,which I got when I was 22. An inoffensive 'souvenir' job. Today I'm pleased only that it's high on my right arm,so I can wear a T shirt.

Girls often like tattoos,which is fine when you're a boy.However, few women I've known care for them much at all.
(August 25, 2010 at 1:32 am)padraic Wrote: Girls often like tattoos,which is fine when you're a boy.However, few women I've known care for them much at all.

I dig them. I have three of my own, in fact. The way I look at it is, when I am old and saggy, it will hardly matter if my tattoos look like crap. I'll already be old and saggy. Wink

(August 23, 2010 at 10:21 pm)Shell B Wrote: Does a tattoo of the Ring of Power count?

No its a commitment to the dark lord...
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
(August 25, 2010 at 3:54 am)annatar Wrote: No its a commitment to the dark lord...

J.R.R. Tolkien? Wink

(August 25, 2010 at 4:39 am)Shell B Wrote:
(August 25, 2010 at 3:54 am)annatar Wrote: No its a commitment to the dark lord...

J.R.R. Tolkien? Wink

No I imagine tolkien as Illuvatar Smile but still, sauron is da best!
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2235 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any ? Rahn127 1167 87905 January 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 11667 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3437 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value snerie 48 13140 April 1, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Amarok
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4514 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4010 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 13939 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7244 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Did anyone here post at the Atheist Plus forums? TheMessiah 10 4416 June 7, 2015 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Dystopia