Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry?
Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry?
Just wondering and considering getting such a pendant for myself.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry?
Atheist jewelry? Hm never heard of it.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(March 4, 2018 at 5:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Atheist jewelry? Hm never heard of it.

https://www.google.com/search?source=and...KSb8lNE%3D
~ Erin Hunter
Yeah I looked it up after I saw this thread lol
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Why does this exist?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I've got a pair of these:

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

I used to wear them religiously. Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Never wear jewelry. I twice wore wedding bands but am currently without that accoutrement.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I have a t-shirt with the atheist atom on it.  But living in the Bible Belt, you have to have guts to wear something like that.  I wore it to the store once, and a woman followed me to my car.  She asked what my shirt meant, and I told her.  She held out a Bible, said "for the fool hath said in his heart there is no God - you need this".  I said, "Psalm 14 verse 1, yes, I actually have most of it memorized, and thank you but I don't need it."  I got in my car and drove off and she was still standing in the parking lot with her mouth hanging open.    Rolleyes
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(March 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Just wondering and considering getting such a pendant for myself.

Actually, people who know me are always surprised I wear a cross necklace:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/King-Art...72896.html
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 4, 2018 at 6:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Just wondering and considering getting such a pendant for myself.

Actually, people who know me are always surprised I wear a cross necklace:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/King-Art...72896.html

Well, duh, to ward off the vampires.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist? BananaFlambe 11 721 December 4, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 5808 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3402 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Anyone here a Category 7? Jehanne 159 13103 October 9, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4045 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Why do neo marxist professors always wear 50s glasses, isnt it racist? Demi92 14 2790 July 7, 2018 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Joods
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 22768 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Anyone here seen the documentary Jesus Camp? NuclearEnergy 27 3477 April 9, 2017 at 7:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4511 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4010 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical