Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the reasons why people are fed up with politicians
One of the reasons why people are fed up with politicians
Our former and less than successful chancellor Werner Faymann obviously is a made man by now. Not only did he get an advisory job at the UN but now also a lobbying position for a major insurance company. Job description, lobbying to liberalise insurance laws at Brussels. To the detrimentary of the general population, as I'm sure.

Guy doesn't have any degree and was a party soldier for the Social Democrats for his whole working life. I can't find any international link for this, but I'm posting the German source anyway.

http://diepresse.com/home/politik/innenp...t-Lobbyist

He's not the first one taking the fast track. Another one, a former (conservative) minister of the interior, just got released after doing time for being too openly corrupt and tumbling into the trap of some british journalist.

I understand people being fed up with all these people only being out to line their own pockets. I'm too. What I don't understand is them falling for the political snake oil vendors. Who, at least in the case of my country, already have proven that they're taking corruption to a new level if they make it into the government. The years between 2000 and 2006 when they were in a coalition with the Conservatives are still keeping the courts busy to this very day.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: One of the reasons why people are fed up with politicians
(September 26, 2016 at 11:52 am)abaris Wrote: Our former and less than successful chancellor Werner Faymann obviously is a made man by now. Not only did he get an advisory job at the UN but now also a lobbying position for a major insurance company. Job description, lobbying to liberalise insurance laws at Brussels. To the detrimentary of the general population, as I'm sure.

Guy doesn't have any degree and was a party soldier for the Social Democrats for his whole working life. I can't find any international link for this, but I'm posting the German source anyway.

He's not the first one taking the fast track. Another one, a former (conservative) minister of the interior, just got released after doing time for being too openly corrupt and tumbling into the trap of some british journalist.

I understand people being fed up with all these people only being out to line their own pockets. I'm too. What I don't understand is them falling for the political snake oil vendors. Who, at least in the case of my country, already have proven that they're taking corruption to a new level if they make it into the government. The years between 2000 and 2006 when they were in a coalition with the Conservatives are still keeping the courts busy to this very day.

The way you are talking about conservatives or for that matter, Labour, I get the impression that you live in England. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. As for the post itself, I couldn't agree more. Show me a straight politician who learned how to tell the truth from the great universities around the world, and I'll eat a wax apple.

In fact, truth be known, we now know that the old labour party in England is more central in its opinions, and the conservative is just conservative. Many people do not want to be stigmatised as "working class", anymore and prefer to associate themselves with the Middle class.
(September 26, 2016 at 11:57 am)RobertE Wrote:
(September 26, 2016 at 11:52 am)abaris Wrote: Our former and less than successful chancellor Werner Faymann obviously is a made man by now. Not only did he get an advisory job at the UN but now also a lobbying position for a major insurance company. Job description, lobbying to liberalise insurance laws at Brussels. To the detrimentary of the general population, as I'm sure.

The way you are talking about conservatives or for that matter, Labour, I get the impression that you live in England. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. As for the post itself, I couldn't agree more. Show me a straight politician who learned how to tell the truth from the great universities around the world, and I'll eat a wax apple.

He lives in Austria.
(September 26, 2016 at 11:57 am)RobertE Wrote: The way you are talking about conservatives or for that matter, Labour, I get the impression that you live in England.

Why don't you look at the link and the name and you probably get an impression where I'm living. Wink
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 26, 2016 at 11:58 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(September 26, 2016 at 11:57 am)RobertE Wrote: The way you are talking about conservatives or for that matter, Labour, I get the impression that you live in England. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. As for the post itself, I couldn't agree more. Show me a straight politician who learned how to tell the truth from the great universities around the world, and I'll eat a wax apple.

He lives in Austria.
Thank you Bella, and to think I requested a ban from Panda yesterday. It seems that I can actually have a decent conversation without being a nasty f*ck all the time.
(September 26, 2016 at 11:58 am)abaris Wrote:
(September 26, 2016 at 11:57 am)RobertE Wrote: The way you are talking about conservatives or for that matter, Labour, I get the impression that you live in England.

Why don't you look at the link and the name and you probably get an impression where I'm living.  Wink
Thanks to you too... Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And people wonder why.I kill these... onlinebiker 51 3287 October 15, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why, why do people do crap like this? Brian37 0 180 May 26, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 945 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1010 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5851 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Now There Are Two Reasons To Toss George Will Out Minimalist 5 768 June 29, 2018 at 8:50 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2320 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Tell Me Again Why We Are Helping These People? Minimalist 6 1941 June 19, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Report: British Teen Sex Slaves Fed Into Meat Grinders By Muslims scoobysnack 27 8057 May 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  One of the last great Israeli politicians is dead abaris 4 1162 October 4, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: RobertE