Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax?
If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax?
Answer me that grasshopper!
Thinking
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax?
Well, as a German history buff, this should be easy to answer:
[Image: 50_Billionen_Mark_Stolberg_Eschweiler_001.jpg]

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax?
You mean hyperinflation?
I think all currencies will print themselves into oblivion over the next few years...

Lots of fun days ahead!

Dodgy

Oh, well, on a good note, everyone in the us will be a millionaire soon! And would you like fries with that! lol.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Remember that money is just the way we keep score.
(April 24, 2020 at 1:43 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, as a German history buff, this should be easy to answer:
[Image: 50_Billionen_Mark_Stolberg_Eschweiler_001.jpg]

Well it's one way of dealing with the national debt...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Buy a wheelbarrow.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't think a wheelbarrow will help much matey.
You know what they say about: if money grew on trees

[Image: 3xxrwa.jpg]
When there's more paper in the currency than the toilet paper it's buying, you know you have a problem...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The Golgafrinchans came up a solution for the slight inflation problem that occurred when they adopted the leaf as legal currency -

Burn down the forrests...
(April 24, 2020 at 7:00 am)ignoramus Wrote: I don't think a wheelbarrow will help much matey.
You know what they say about: if money grew on trees

[Image: 3xxrwa.jpg]
When there's more paper in the currency than the toilet paper it's buying, you know you have a problem...

I was referring to various times and places where people have had to bring wheelbarrows full of cash to the grocers.  Here's a man buying an egg during the Weimar Republic. ONE egg.

[Image: 4V_eaEGRjAECkb3I_61P-rhHFuNbI-UCjJxoqWvQ...6fXbOs1aL5]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They would get paid at noon and quitting time. They'd run out to spend their pay at lunch because it wouldn't buy anything by quitting time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody got any Pfizer stock they don't need? Gawdzilla Sama 30 1316 November 12, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Government to pay pastors' salaries with relief funding Foxaèr 7 573 April 9, 2020 at 9:09 am
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2577 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
  Anybody watching the impeachment? onlinebiker 54 3139 January 26, 2020 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1003 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted Minimalist 3 333 November 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Anybody planning a Canadian vacation? onlinebiker 21 1822 October 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump and Tax Fraud epronovost 10 1098 October 4, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why We Need Investigative Journalists Minimalist 1 263 August 15, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pay No Attention To The Fucktard Behind The Curtain Minimalist 5 704 August 1, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0