Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary
Thumbs Up 
Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary
Secular Talk has an excellent video about the second debate:

Hillary Clinton Sounds Like A Republican On Foreign Policy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWB-_V7mEyU

Donald Trump reminds people what happens when you support "the rebels", because he's saying what fills the vacuum is worse and I agree - just look at Iraq and Libya. And he's also right to say Hilary doesn't really understand the rebels Syria given that she wants Assad goine. Hilary claimed she learned lessons from Iraq but it's clear she hasn't learned anything. On the Iran Deal Donald Trump is wrong but Hilary is as bad as it gets on Syria.

I get a sense Hilary wants to start World War Three because she said she wants have leverage with the Russians by having a safe zone/no fly zone (which would involve violating Syria's sovereignty with ground troops). So she wants to shoot the Russian military to put pressure on them?

There's a humanitarian crisis in the the Yemen right now but that's caused by al-Saud and not Assad so the American government doesn't care about it. They only care about Syria because they want regime change there. They don't care about ordinary Syrians. Russia is bombing terrorists. Why not shoot down Saudi planes? The Saudis will just buy more.

Where is Hilary's foreign policy experience? There's a real therat of famine in the Yemen right now, but not a word on it. Not a word on the war in South Sudan right now either.

RE: Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary
Trump agreed with her on the no fly zone, it as one of the few times in either debate he fully agreed with her...so you think he too wants to start ww3? Or are we just overlooking facts as usual?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 11, 2016 at 3:26 am)Aroura Wrote: Trump agreed with her on the no fly zone, it as one of the few times in either debate he fully agreed with her...so you think he too wants to start ww3? Or are we just overlooking facts as usual?

I'm not overlooking the facts. I'm merely noting what was said in the video. Based on the exchange presented in that video it would appear Donald Trump is more sensible. There rebels in Syria are pretty much all crazy Islamists and should not be supported.

P.S. Donald Trump is supposed to be friends with Putin so there is that. So I don't think he would have Russian planes shot down on purpose. At the every least Donald gave the appearance of being more sensible.

Edit: And can I just add that if Hilary is given a free pass for being a flip-flippor then it's only fair Donald gets a free pass too. I don't think anybody should get a free pass for not to being consistent personally (and Donald has said some terrible things). I'm merely noting Donald evolution on the issue, which is in a good direction, rather like Hilary's evolution on equal marriage.

(October 11, 2016 at 3:28 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: And can I just add that if Hilary is given a free pass for being a flip-flippor

No, she is not. At least not in my book. That's the first reason I didn't like her at the start of the election process.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Yeah, I am going to side with the military/diplomatic/intelligence experts around the world that unanimously agree that ground troops in Syria would be a bad thing, and that you can't get much worse than Assad.

No one is saying that America should forcibly remove Assad, but if you want to solve this refugee crisis and bring stability to that region, it's pretty clear Assad's gotta go. That means supporting Iraqi, Kurdish, and Iranian troops on the ground, and seriously pressuring the Saudis to do something.

The argument that creating a vacuum will always bring ISIS is just dumb. Power vacuums happen all of the time, and when the vacation is Assad or the like, sometimes you have to take your chances.

Besides, no matter what happens in Syria, WWIII is not a plausible result.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I hope you're right Mr Steel Curtain. Maybe I'm too paranoid. I'm really concerned about the Russia blaming coming out of the Hilary camp. I'm not convinced Present Obama (or Donald or Hilary) has the best interests of the Syrian people in mind. And they certainly don't care about the war crimes being commuted the Yemen

I don't think anyone knows how to solve the situation over there, it's incredibly complicated. I just know that boots on the ground is a bad thing and so is provoking the Russians. We should definitely be supporting the Kurds a lot more.
Provoking the russians, lol...they're already bombing the shit out of everything -but- isis....what's the worst that could happen?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 11, 2016 at 3:28 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Based on the exchange presented in that video it would appear Donald Trump is more sensible.

Appear is the key word. The guy's a pathological liar, make no mistake about it.
That certainly isn't intended to be a Trump endorsement. But he's less likely to go full chest pounding gorilla on Russia. But that's about the only thing speaking in his favor as far as foreign policy is concerned.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1596 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2675 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 982 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A Bigger Problem Than Trump DeistPaladin 15 712 September 15, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  "Defeating Trump is more important than all of us" Foxaèr 44 3616 March 15, 2020 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 7822 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 699 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 312 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 11647 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36687 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace