Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new RHPS movie
The new RHPS movie
What is your take of it?

RHPS remake
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The new RHPS movie
I'm reading terrible things.

I'll stick with the original.
Dying to live, living to die.
My reaction is the same as it is to every remake: "why?"

Money, obviously.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Oh for fuck sake.

Stop remaking movies!
The fun of the original was, for instance, seeing RHPS in a place like Des Moines Iowa in the mid 70s and understanding the public at large would surround the theater with pitchforks and torches and burn the place down of they knew their teens were watching such smut.

Nowadays, the kids have seen FAR worse on their laptops in their own homes.

To update Rocky Horror, you'd have to incrementally advance the depravity portrayed to be truly shocking for people my age today.

And you see where this idea is heading . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

David Cronenberg and John Waters might have to team up to do the remake.

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

As long as J J Abrams isn't anywhere near it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
LOL, that too.

One thing I can state for certain.

In humanities class, I learned that things must evolve, especially art, which includes media.

For reference, when the original Frankenstein movie came out, people were scared of what they saw on the screen.

Generations later, people watching the same film were humored by it.

The same can be stated for any film that is remade; that it needs to reach the newer generation.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The 'shocking' (but truly funny) bit of RHPS was Dr Frank seducing both Brad and Janet, and this is per 70s mores.

That aspect is going to seem decidedly tame these days.

And what do you do to update that ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1947 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3295 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 756 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1286 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 343 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 216 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 5997 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15499 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is your favorite Disney movie? ƵenKlassen 37 4652 December 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4233 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII