Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics.
New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics.
Well, the NY Times at least.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/movie...AudDevGate

Not sure about others but I'm not planning on seeing it tomorrow because crowds.  *shudders*

But I am looking forward to seeing ASAP.

Whoa, not just the NYT.  All but one of the critics listed at Rotten Tomatoes likes it.
RE: New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics.
man, hard call.

Not sure if I go or wait for blu-ray
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Someone I know gave it 8/10.

Another gave it 8.5.

I'll hopefully see it on Sunday.
Dying to live, living to die.
To be honest I don't decide if I'll watch some movie based on reviews. I usually see what is the theme of the movie, who made it maybe even a trailer. Sometimes I only watch the first part of the movie. I don't hold much credibility for critics. I mean remember when Roger Ebert praised "Phantom Menace"? Gave it 4 stars. I could even predict which movie will get favored by Ebert even before it got out, like "King Kong" which was also shit but... Or when that humongous piece of shit movie "Noah" came out in 2014 - it had well over 80% on RT and is now at 76%. Not to mention new "Ghost Busters". It takes very little effort for mainstream movies to get pozed-up by critic and when it comes to SW I don't know what they would have to do to to get even lukewarm reception to critics.

When it comes to SW you'll watch it if it's your drift, you don't care about what film critics say.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 15, 2017 at 12:59 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Someone I know gave it 8/10.

Another gave it 8.5.

I'll hopefully see it on Sunday.

For some reason, I couldn't suck the wife to come and watch it with me this time! (I've always been able to drag her to all the ST movies though).
Which is fine because I'll get to watch it again on the big screen at home! (for her of course - despite her pleads otherwise!) . And I won't need to smuggle food and alcohol in this time!

Actually, the cinema was so full yesterday that I was forced to sit 5 rows from the front! I can't remember the last I've ever done that!
I felt like I was at an IMAX!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I agree.

I tend not to pay any attention to critics. If people I know, who have similar taste in movies, say yay or nay, then I'm more likely to pay attention.

The only true way to judge a movie for yourself is to see it yourself.

There are certain movies I'll go to the cinema to see. Star Wars movies are among those.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm going to a midnight showing tonight. I see critics and audiences both are giving it high praise, some people saying best Star Wars movie yet. I'm super excited to see it! I'll tell you guys my overall opinion after I see it.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I never listen to critics. "If you don't have anything nice to say about anything, be a critic."
d'oh!

No brainer for me. I'm having some health issues and in a cold and flu season with a <20% effective flu vaccine, my traipsing off to a theater would be an extremely poor idea.

I HAVE to wait for the blu ray.

And don't feel bad, I will use the Cornwalls, my HSU Research sub, and the Sony 75" TV and I'm going to have a wonderful time. Just delayed.

Appreciate the good reviews, people !! Play it up and I can enjoy the movie theater experience vicariously, win-win !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 15, 2017 at 8:36 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I never listen to critics. "If you don't have anything nice to say about anything, be a critic."

Me, I never listen to the critics of critics.  I'm happy to take what they say into consideration.  But in this case I'm mostly relieved they didn't pan it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek films LinuxGal 78 5681 December 29, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1935 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Well THAT sux! onlinebiker 4 594 February 16, 2022 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Star Wars - does it have a future? The Valkyrie 129 12721 May 9, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Horrific Scene in Star Trek: Picard AFTT47 44 3833 February 23, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Star Trek - seen them all? onlinebiker 22 1750 February 6, 2020 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Star Trek: Picard - Way Better then I had Hoped AFTT47 17 1288 January 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3265 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 753 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1269 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama