Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious question for theists
A serious question for theists
How do you exactly know if God/Jesus even loves you?
The bible only supports god loving a select few people so yeah you can't exactly use it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: A serious question for theists
What I heard when I was a believer "God sanctioned your existence. Comply to his will of pure goodness or prepair to suffer".
(November 6, 2016 at 3:39 am)purplepurpose Wrote: What I heard when I was a believer "God sanctioned your existence. Comply to his will of pure goodness or prepair to suffer".

That seems like what a dictator would wan't.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 5, 2016 at 6:43 pm)dyresand Wrote: How do you exactly know if God/Jesus even loves you?
The bible only supports god loving a select few people so yeah you can't exactly use it.

well, "god loved the world"

"just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."
"Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."

lots of other ones.

anyway, satan is the god of this world
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
(November 6, 2016 at 5:01 am)goombah111 Wrote: anyway, satan is the god of this world
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4

Also, Jesus is a door.

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 10:9

Possible photo of Jesus, wide-open and presumably about to be entered by a man.

I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Jesus liked buttsex?
I never knew me and Jesus had so much in common.

I prefer to enter lady doors though. They're the ones with two knobs.
(November 5, 2016 at 6:43 pm)dyresand Wrote: How do you exactly know if God/Jesus even loves you?

Your whole premise is wrong. The bible doesn't say he loves only a select few. It he says that he loved the world so much that he gave his son to take on the wrath of sin for the whole world.
(November 6, 2016 at 4:22 pm)Lek Wrote:

Your whole premise is wrong.  The bible doesn't say he loves only a select few.  It he says that he loved the world so much that he gave his son to take on the wrath of sin for the whole world.

So one human sacrifice means he loves the whole world and everything on it? 
i mean that is pretty weak if you ask me. That and  it was pointless because were more moral now
than back then.

Code:
(November 6, 2016 at 8:47 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(November 6, 2016 at 4:22 pm)Lek Wrote: Your whole premise is wrong.  The bible doesn't say he loves only a select few.  It he says that he loved the world so much that he gave his son to take on the wrath of sin for the whole world.

So one human sacrifice means he loves the whole world and everything on it? 
i mean that is pretty weak if you ask me. That and  it was pointless because were more moral now
than back then.

God sacrificed his only son for the world. What is so weak about that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1848 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question to Theists? kartronic 10 2155 May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question Astonished 105 19828 March 23, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4797 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Question to Theists About the Source of Morality GrandizerII 33 7648 January 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  A question(s) for theists VI dyresand 25 4919 January 6, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Theists ask me a question dyresand 34 7686 January 5, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  A question for theists Part V - A new hope dyresand 12 3900 November 14, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A question for theists Part III dyresand 4 1519 November 4, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A question for theists Part II. dyresand 18 4679 October 29, 2015 at 3:10 am
Last Post: ignoramus