Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 Minutes 11-6-2016
60 Minutes 11-6-2016
Anyone catch the piece last night about the US nations mood and the election? Pretty interesting and spot on in my opinion. Attached is the transcript. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-a...p-clinton/

Apparently this is what we have become. Quite sad. 

Your thoughts?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: 60 Minutes 11-6-2016
(November 7, 2016 at 8:40 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Anyone catch the piece last night about the US nations mood and the election? Pretty interesting and spot on in my opinion. Attached is the transcript. 

Your thoughts?

We as in who?

Far as I see it, the whole world harbors similar feelings. Deeply disappointed by their politicians and the political system in general. A system that has long lost touch with the real needs of the people. In my whole life I only remember two elections where I voted for a certain candidate or party. All the other times I voted against something I considered the bigger evil.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 7, 2016 at 8:53 am)abaris Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 8:40 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Anyone catch the piece last night about the US nations mood and the election? Pretty interesting and spot on in my opinion. Attached is the transcript. 

Your thoughts?

We as in who?

Far as I see it, the whole world harbors similar feelings. Deeply disappointed by their politicians and the political system in general. A system that has long lost touch with the real needs of the people. In my whole life I only remember two elections where I voted for a certain candidate or party. All the other times I voted against something I considered the bigger evil.

I was referring to the US. That's what the piece was about.
(November 7, 2016 at 8:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I was referring to the US. That's what the piece was about.

I got that much, since I read it. I just wanted to point out that it isn't that kind of special to the USA and it's voters. These are my thoughts.
(November 7, 2016 at 8:59 am)abaris Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 8:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I was referring to the US. That's what the piece was about.

I got that much, since I read it. I just wanted to point out that it isn't that kind of special to the USA and it's voters. These are my thoughts.

Then why did you ask?
(November 7, 2016 at 9:36 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Then why did you ask?

Rhetorical question ....

You made it sound as if you were flabbergasted by the results of this poll. The we question simply meant that it's not only the USA. For me the answers are totally expected since it's the law of every land for quite some time now. A real globalization of people getting tired by being presented with dubious candidates and having to plug their noses every time they vote. Mostly against the other cadidate, as the article pointed out nicely.
I just happened to have that segment on the DVR and I've watched it a couple times.

Disgust, revulsion, seismic shift in polity, dysfunction, some folks might step back and think regardless of who wins we got way bigger problems . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 7, 2016 at 2:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I just happened to have that segment on the DVR and I've watched it a couple times.

Disgust, revulsion, seismic shift in polity, dysfunction,  some folks might step back and think regardless of who wins we got way bigger problems . . . .

What surprises me is the surprise. Americans are people and they got the same kind of politicians the rest of the world has. Maybe even a bit worse since bribery has been institutionalised with Citizens United. Why should Americans react any differently to the abyssmal choices they're presented with.

If I was American I would clamp my nose and vote for Hillary although I despise her fake smile as well as her corporate ties. For the only reason that her opponent is a steaming turd that somehow learned to walk and talk.

Pretty much the same in the rest of the world. I am allowed to vote since 1982, but I only remember two times when I actually voted for someone or something and not against the alternative. That even made me vote strategically for a party I don't like. Just because they got the bigger chances of gaining enough votes to beat the bigger evil than my original choice would have had.

Your thoughts?

If the U.S. suicide statistics drastically spike it will be no surprised that the Millennials will become the most depressed overworked and will have higher suicide statics. 
To be honest there is no bright future here anymore. The sad fact is Millennials do have a high suicide statistics it will just get worst.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 7, 2016 at 8:53 am)abaris Wrote:

Your thoughts?

We as in who?

Did it bother you a lot to give up your purity to vote responsibly for the good of the country?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 786 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING: How Egypt tried to kill a "60 Minutes" interview WinterHold 1 408 January 7, 2019 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This topic from 2016, proved true in 2018, read and do your part WinterHold 0 335 September 8, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  60 Minutes Tonight Minimalist 28 2639 March 26, 2018 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Give my Preacher cousin his 15 minutes of fame drfuzzy 87 6781 February 19, 2018 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Carrie Fisher: 1956-2016. Anomalocaris 84 12051 June 22, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  2016 Parting Shot BrianSoddingBoru4 1 600 January 1, 2017 at 9:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  2016 Deaths You (Probably) Didn't Hear About BrianSoddingBoru4 8 2273 December 31, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  2016 is fucking unrelenting. BrianSoddingBoru4 7 979 December 27, 2016 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Doomsday Clock Advanced Another 2 minutes? Anomalocaris 16 1834 December 26, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Seraphina