Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the Dems Lost
Why the Dems Lost
Although the Democratic party had a good message in supporting the rights and privileges of minorities and immigrants, they made one huge mistake.  In the process, they villainized white working men and the institutions they hold to be important.  As much as they chastised the Republicans for not being a party of inclusion, they never spoke to white middle class men, who already feel that they are carrying the burden of he costs to administer the government programs which the Democrats tout, but they don't benefit from.  That's why states like Pennsylvania and Michigan came through for Trump.   

I personally, as a white man, never felt that the Democratic candidates were speaking to me.  I feel totally alienated from the Democratic party.  The fact that Trump overwhelmingly won the white male vote is evidence that white American men had grown tired of being reviled and blamed for everything bad in this country.  Neither party has come up with a message that supports the rights and privileges of ALL Americans and so we continue to be divided.
RE: Why the Dems Lost
So... basically because conservatives have a ME mentality. They don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Of course they're going to fuck themselves in the ass with this one, because Donald Trump is going to destroy the middle class. And when all those social programs that you don't like go out the window... you'll find out just how you really benefited from it.
And how exactly did you think Trump was speaking to you? Was it the kicking out the Mexicans part, or the banning Muslims part?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 9, 2016 at 12:51 pm)Divinity Wrote: So... basically because conservatives have a ME mentality.  They don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.  Of course they're going to fuck themselves in the ass with this one, because Donald Trump is going to destroy the middle class.  And when all those social programs that you don't like go out the window... you'll find out just how you really benefited from it.

This totally backs up my statements.  I said that the Dems support for minorities and immigrants was a good thing.
Speaking as a white man who's sitting right at the average national income, I didn't feel 'villainized' at all. I didn't vote for Hillary, but how were the democrats villainizing me?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Oh, and lol at the white man feeling like they're being ignored.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 9, 2016 at 12:56 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Oh, and lol at the white man feeling like they're being ignored.

It is pretty lol-worthy, but that's what they think.  I'm in total agreement that that's why the Democrats lost.  Of course it's not easy to come up with a "when will the government listen to white males?" campaign message and try to sound serious.

Basically I think the election of Donald Trump is a huge middle finger to Washington and politics in general by the white middle class male voters.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
This is completely why they lost.  White males are losing majority power, and they are angry and scared as hell.  What do you think they mean when they say make america great again?  They mean make it a white Christian Patriarchy.

There is nothing wrong with white males, but they are not going to be a majority for long, and someday, they'll have to actually get used to that.  There was no demonizing of white males in this election.  Only orange ones.  But many white males see the raising up of another group to equal the lowering of their own.  Look how scales work.  

[Image: niBx6eLiA.png]

If the scales start out like this

And end like this

[Image: 450-90982879-balance-scale.jpg]

Yes, it feels like they have lost power, like they were being demonized and blamed.  But it's a fiction. Just like how Christians claim persecution where there is none, it is just a balancing of the scales.  

But hey, looks like the scales are still more like image one, so no problems now, right??  (Naw, just kidding, the persecution complexes will remain because Trump will do nothing to fix the underlying causes of those feelings).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 9, 2016 at 4:21 pm)Aroura Wrote: This is completely why they lost.  White males are losing majority power, and they are angry and scared as hell.  What do you think they mean when they say make america great again?  They mean make it a white Christian Patriarchy.

According to CNN exit polls, 53% of white women also voted for Trump.
A lot of the people who voted for Trump exist within their own Alexjonesian world, where Obama is literally the envoy of Lucifer, the white race is under attack by 'dem nasty dark folk, and the Muslim hordes are poised to land their longboats on American shores and sweep across the US like Genghis Imam to impose Sharia in Texas. This subculture is a tumor of madness and superstition, left to fester in its own ignorance, to reaffirm, organize and propogate itself to this point we're at now, where circumstances have given it opportunity to thrive, to be legitimized in the highest seat of political office.

The problem with letting people believe what they want is that people will believe what they want.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Thus is born the "LOST CAUSE" of this century. Gawdzilla Sama 36 2388 November 1, 2020 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 796 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 1407 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1807 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Dems Sell Out Dreamers, in exchange for.......? The Grand Nudger 33 5248 January 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I know how the Dems could fuck over Trump Won2blv 13 4317 June 10, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Do you feel Trump supporters have lost total grip on reality NuclearEnergy 19 2700 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dems vs Repubs = no difference? Which party is more wed to power than to any issue? Whateverist 39 3815 October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dems Grow Some Balls Minimalist 3 946 June 22, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Dems and long term mistakes. Brian37 47 12041 November 7, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Heywood