Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see a a silver lining for progressives
I see a a silver lining for progressives
If Hillary won lets face it, it would have been 4 years of politics being dragged through wet concrete. Jason Chaffetz was going to find any way possible to indict Hillary.

Isn't it better that Trump and the GOP fuck some things up and the Dems can recruit likable progressives and run on a positive message?

Supreme Court is the big loss though
RE: I see a a silver lining for progressives
(November 10, 2016 at 2:42 am)Won2blv Wrote: If Hillary won lets face it, it would have been 4 years of politics being dragged through wet concrete. Jason Chaffetz was going to find any way possible to indict Hillary.

Isn't it better that Trump and the GOP fuck some things up and the Dems can recruit likable progressives and run on a positive message?

Supreme Court is the big loss though

No, because what little hope of surviving global warming went out the window.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Much damage will be done.
Much damage will be done. But a blue Senate in two years will prevent another far right supreme court justice being appointed after Trump replaces Scalia. Bush created an opportunity for a blue Senate, Trump will do the same, faster. We get the Senate, then make Trump a four year president. We could wind up in a stronger position in 2020 than we would have if Clinton had won.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(November 10, 2016 at 2:42 am)Won2blv Wrote: Isn't it better that Trump and the GOP fuck some things up and the Dems can recruit likable progressives and run on a positive message?

Why would they? They always had the polls at their disposal saying that pretty much everyone was fed up with the political system and that millenials are leaning heavily to the left. At least on social issues.

And out of the hat came Hillary.

No change will happen in any of the parties as long as corporations can make use of the buy a politician model. The money and the jobs after the political career don't come from the people they're supposed to represent. So they don't give a shit over what people think and feel.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 10, 2016 at 1:21 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Much damage will be done. But a blue Senate in two years will prevent another far right supreme court justice being appointed after Trump replaces Scalia. Bush created an opportunity for a blue Senate, Trump will do the same, faster. We get the Senate, then make Trump a four year president. We could wind up in a stronger position in 2020 than we would have if Clinton had won.

I totally agree. I think fivethirtyeight had an article about the losing party of this election has a huge upside for the future.
[/quote]

No change will happen in any of the parties as long as corporations can make use of the buy a politician model. The money and the jobs after the political career don't come from the people they're supposed to represent. So they don't give a shit over what people think and feel.
[/quote]

I think this is cynical thinking. Hillary wasn't perfect but she was someone that would at least move in the right direction for progress
(November 10, 2016 at 2:42 am)Won2blv Wrote: the Dems can recruit likable progressives and run on a positive message?
I would sincerely like to here what you would consider a positive message? It seems like most of the messages focus on identifying someone as a victim and calling someone else the villain or trying to make various goods and services free for everyone at the expense of people with more means.
The thing I was concerned about with a Hillary win would be that Democrats would have gotten complacent thinking they'll always have an easy path to the Presidency. I really hope this election is a wake up call for the Dems. I hope they do their own post-election autopsy, and actually learn from it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
The GOP did a post mortem after Romney lost. Then promptly ignored it. The reward for that institutional cowardice is Trump, who bent over the GOP and made them his bitch. He took out Ted Cruz by calling him a serial killer, insulted his wife and suggested that Cruz's father did the Kennedy assassination - and Cruz endorsed him!

I can't think of a more perfect example of the GOP being fucked in the ass than that.

That's the reward for not following through on a postmortem - someone from the outside literally does what Trump accomplished.

The DNC better do that postmortem before they get it in the shorts. Tempting fate is a poor strategy.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1917 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2326 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2366 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Can progressives learn anything from Republicans? TaraJo 72 6079 August 4, 2018 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Now We See How Willing The WLB Is To Suck Kim's Cock Minimalist 12 1158 May 16, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13959 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1453 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15% GUBU 5 1514 April 27, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Never Thought I'd Live To See This Minimalist 11 2079 October 27, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'll Believe This When I See It Minimalist 12 1532 October 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer