Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is to blame.
Who is to blame.
I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread for this or not but this was a damned brilliant... Well it was an incensed rant but I agree with it wholeheartedly.

https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/vid...190359668/

Thoughts?
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Who is to blame.
From the video:

"It's time to start realising that reading the Guardian doesn't make you a liberal"

Can confirm, I just read it for a laugh.
I agree with the guy, but it's not so much the left, as it is the DNC. In the primary, Bernie was incredibly popular. The DNC stacked the deck against him as much as possible, and he still almost won. Hillary is a joke, and we really shouldn't be surprised that Trump won, because the DNC are morons.

Also if I had the choice of forgoing a shit or a shave, I'd skip the shave.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Dems and progressives are to blame, WE WE WE have failed for the past 35 years. We get baited by social issues, we suck at local and state and midterms and we DONT think long term. The rich and the right are master manipulators and master marketers. Our diversity is a great thing, but it is also what they use to divide us.

WE HAVE TO STAY FOCUSED AND THINK EVERY DAY. Our popular vote In our loss with Gore, TWO wins with Obama and our loss this time with Hillary PROVE our nation IS NOT conservative but LIBERAL. We can beat the GOP if we stop blaming the electoral college and each other.

Divide and conquer has always been their tactic and the only way to defeat those greedy fuckers is to not allow them to divide us like that. WORKERS are not communists. we are not anti private sector. WE are merely pro livable wages. We are for government keeping it's fucking nose out of who we marry and off women's bodies. NO we are not anti gun for wanting to reduce gun deaths.

BUT for 36 years Reagan's party has successfully painted the left as anti American. WELL instead of always being on the defense, and always assuming red states are not worth it, which is bullshit even in GA and Texas we don't see them clinging to a right wing past.

LETS SAY YES we are liberals, we are proud of it. We are the same attitude that gave us the booming Detroit and Ohio after WW2, THAT WAS US, not the fucking right wing. That right wing gave us the great depression and great recession. I only blame democrats for allowing those assholes to control the fear and the narrative that lead to the biggest most vile clusterfuck of a president I have seen in my lifetime.

Oh and Trumpolinni supporters, dont fucking hand me shit about "No the GOP did that"........ They are NOT the party of Teddy or Lincoln. The parties flipped with Nixon's "southern strategy" and ever since the greedy top and the religious nutfucks have been using slick marketing to convince hurting people to vote against their own self interests.
What was the abstention percentage?
(November 12, 2016 at 9:47 am)LastPoet Wrote: What was the abstention percentage?

This is what the GOP will shove in our face and fucking lie about. If this election were a landslide mandate in favor of conservative views, they would have won the popular vote which they did not, and the electoral college would be much higher than it was in their favor.

The rust belt sent us a message, not the right not the religious. Minorities in some sectors such as Hispanics did show up. But blacks didn't as much. I'd only warn them to know that it was NOT Obama that let them down, or the rust belt for that matter. It was 8 Years of corporate and right wing obstruction.

WE HAVE THE NUMBERS, we really do. And if you look at progress in our nation's history progressives always win long term. The parties flip in tactics sure. But our human empathy is liberal. 

Corporate America is really fucking slick at marketing. Walmart is now putting out an add that seems to be pro military, pro religion which is fucking bullshit. They and most of the corporate world vote for the economic right and fuck the worker. But all they have to do is show some people in uniform, claim to be unifying, and poof, far too many people don't see that they don't give one fuck about the society they get rich off of.
Sums it up quite well why I voted Trump. Many others are so fed up with the left, and have sat quietly rolling our eyes at all the weird behavior that people call liberal these days that it all boiled over. It became a joke, and the left couldn't understand why everyone laughs at them because they are in their own little echo chamber bouncing bad ideology off one another like ping pong balls. The safe spaces and stifling free speech, over using the word racist to the point that it lost it's effectiveness etc. The fact the left didn't see this coming shows how really disconnected they are and living in their own fantasy world. Plus everyone was so intent on getting a women in the white house they ignored all her flaws and corruption and accused anyone who questioned her motives as sexist they failed to understand it was the same thing that the majority of people were fed up with Obama through no fault of his own but that any disagreement with his policy was blamed on latent racism. We are done letting the extreme left get emboldened with their authoritarian contrarian views, and going to humble them swiftly.
(November 12, 2016 at 9:47 am)LastPoet Wrote: What was the abstention percentage?

I've seen some numbers being thrown around. Such as only 100 millions of elligible voters. I don't know how high the total number is, but going by past elections, a majority of Americans don't even bother. Which I find to be a frightening understanding of democracy.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
"But instead, they chose Clinton, a candidate that's been cosying up to the banks and dry humping corporations for years."

And they thought everyone would just bend over and take it.

Only time will tell if they learn the right lesson from this.
Trump was able to flip rust belt states that hadn't voted Republican since the 1980s. I was just as shocked as everybody else when I saw, first, Wisconsin going to Trump after Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio. Then Pennsylvania, and now, looks like Michigan may just, by the narrowist margin , go for Trump too. If you look at the electoral maps, Clinton and the dems concentrated their efforts mainly in the counties of the highest populations that had the inner cities. Trump and the GOP campaigned heavily in the rust belt counties of the blue collar working class. He was able to tap into their frustrations of the lack of mining jobs and of the manufacturing jobs that have left our country, and of being either unemployed or under employed, and his campaign promise of bringing back, both mining and manufacturing jobs.

Hillary and the dems focused too much on the women's vote, and too much on the minority vote in the inner cities. The latino vote wasn't enough to make up the gap for the low turn out of black voters. Hillary just couldn't connect with them in the way that Obama could. Face it, Obama had a much better stage presence and is a far better orator than Hillary. Going from someone as charismatic as Obama to Hillary, just didn't make the connection to black voters. Also, the dems took their once loyal voting base for granted, the blue collar working class in the mining and rust belt states. They felt abandoned and that they deserved more than just lip service once every four years from the democrats. Trump and the GOP were able to pull those votes away.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neither Trump nor Comey lied; the media is to blame Foxaèr 2 1326 June 9, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump's blame game -- absolutely hilarious. Jehanne 3 547 March 25, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: abaris
  I'm curious: who will the Trumpies blame if the economy crashes NuclearEnergy 17 1112 March 11, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Trump is president; Who is to blame? Whateverist 169 16509 November 10, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Why Do We Blame the President for Economic Crisis? Rhondazvous 21 3370 November 16, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome