Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm curious: who will the Trumpies blame if the economy crashes
I'm curious: who will the Trumpies blame if the economy crashes
It's no secret that the economy has done fairly well over the last couple weeks. And we have Trump's minions screaming saying: "SEE!!! OUR ECONOMY IS DOING BETTER UNDER TRUMP!!!" Even the Orange fucktard himself is taking credit for it. My thoughts is that it's still Obama's economy, but whatever, lets just let the Trumpies think that it's doing better under Trump. But I think we've seen this movie before? 2008 anyone??? Now, I sure hope the economy doesn't crash. But I am just wondering: if it crashes will they blame their Dear Leader, or the black guy? 

What'ya think?  Smile

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: I'm curious: who will the Trumpies blame if the economy crashes
Obama, of course.
(March 10, 2017 at 8:51 am)It_Was_me Wrote: It's no secret that the economy has done fairly well over the last couple weeks. And we have Trump's minions screaming saying: "SEE!!! OUR ECONOMY IS DOING BETTER UNDER TRUMP!!!" Even the Orange fucktard himself is taking credit for it. My thoughts is that it's still Obama's economy, but whatever, lets just let the Trumpies think that it's doing better under Trump. But I think we've seen this movie before? 2008 anyone??? Now, I sure hope the economy doesn't crash. But I am just wondering: if it crashes will they blame their Dear Leader, or the black guy? 

What'ya think?  Smile

Here's the thing, the economy could do quite well as the orange one relaxes corporate taxation, regulation and workers' rights thus making businesses more profitable. The real test will be if they can reduce borrowing as that's where Republican governments have let themselves down, traditionally. Expect great share prices and awful national debt.

It's a very similar picture to traditional Conservative behaviour in the UK except his time round we have brexit so we're at least £60bn down before we even start.
Sum ergo sum
It takes quarters to months for new political leadership to have meaningful impact on a national economy - save irrational exuberance in equities markets. Anyone claiming economic improvement after 6 weeks of a Trump presidency is a fucking idiot or a screaming partisan. But I repeat myself.
*years
Also - conflating the economy with the stock market is foolish and wrong.
They'll say it's Obama's fault. he left such a mess that it takes more than 4-8 years to fix the inevitable downfall of liberal policies.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:It's no secret that the economy has done fairly well over the last couple weeks.

The stock market has gone up.  Don't confuse that with the economy.  The stock market far outperformed the economy under Obama as well.
(March 10, 2017 at 11:35 am)Minimalist Wrote: The stock market has gone up.  Don't confuse that with the economy.  The stock market far outperformed the economy under Obama as well.

Thus creating a new bubble, with all the deregulation of the financial market. One doesn't have to be a prophet that this will blow up sooner or later in everyone's face. It happened in 1929, it happened in 2008 and it will happen again, when business is higher valued on the markets than it's actual size and power warrants.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The stock market going up is just a sign that businesses and investors have confidence that Trump's administration is not going to hold their feet to the fire over things like regulations and paying livable wages.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1795 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Neither Trump nor Comey lied; the media is to blame Foxaèr 2 1313 June 9, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump's blame game -- absolutely hilarious. Jehanne 3 528 March 25, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: abaris
  Who is to blame. Bob Kelso 201 17485 December 19, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Trump is president; Who is to blame? Whateverist 169 16181 November 10, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Why Do We Blame the President for Economic Crisis? Rhondazvous 21 3307 November 16, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  How the fuck can one man destroy the 8th largest world economy????? Something completely different 2 1549 February 6, 2013 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Will The Economy Collapse? median 34 8512 January 1, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: jonb
  CBO Predicts Bleak Economy A Theist 5 1738 August 24, 2012 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  How Curious...Iranian government protests? KichigaiNeko 1 933 February 12, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious