Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another step closer to cannabis legalisation in the UK?
Another step closer to cannabis legalisation in the UK?
Maybe - we've got MPs saying it should be legalised and others saying it should be prescription-only. I think it should be totally legal for everyone to buy, use and even grow on their own property if they want to.

Police forces throughout the country are increasingly turning a blind eye to cannabis for personal use as the significant budget cuts have forced them to concentrate on real crime.

So, what's your opinion?

http://news.sky.com/story/calls-to-legal...s-10665808
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016...ute-report

Quote:A cross party group of MPs has renewed calls for cannabis to be legalised in Britain.

Senior Liberal Democrats and other Labour and Tory figures backed a report that argues the UK should follow the lead of the US.

Eight states have legalised the drug so far, four in this month's elections, and several others allow its use for medical reasons.

The report, by the Adam Smith Institute and Volteface, claims legalisation could net the Treasury more than £1bn a year in tax revenue.

It also says the number of prisoners in jail for drugs offences would drop, saying the taxpayer millions.
RE: Another step closer to cannabis legalisation in the UK?
I've never smoked pot, but I don't see why it's illegal anywhere. It's starting to become legal in some parts of the USA and the sky hasn't fallen yet. I think that should ease some of the fears in other places like the UK soon enough. It could be legal over there soon.
Fully legal. Then fewer people will die taking "legal highs" nor will as many people need to get on the plane to Amsterdam. So it's good for the environment and get the money away from the gangs. I'm surprised it's not legal for Rastafaris already since the UK has a nasty habit of sometimes bending over backwards to accommodate religious.

(November 21, 2016 at 2:40 am)Jesster Wrote: I've never smoked pot, but I don't see why it's illegal anywhere. It's starting to become legal in some parts of the USA and the sky hasn't fallen yet. I think that should ease some of the fears in other places like the UK soon enough. It could be legal over there soon.

Yeah, the article mentioned that legalisation has helped bring a lot of money to different states through taxes. It could take years for it to happen in the UK though.
(November 21, 2016 at 2:47 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Fully legal. Then fewer people will die taking "legal highs" nor will as many people need to get on the plane to Amsterdam. So it's good for the environment and get the money away from the gangs. I'm surprised it's not legal for Rastafaris already since the UK has a nasty habit of sometimes bending over backwards to accommodate religious.

Isn't there a limit to how much cannabis tourists can buy in Amsterdam? It's not exactly perfect but at least tourists can light up to a certain extent. I know that the southern provinces of the country require you to show proof of residency - effectively banning tourists from purchasing it outside of Amsterdam.
Did anyone real this as canabalism?

I'm not sure on this one. Having regular smoking and alcohol legal and this banned makes little sense though.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I think so. But they also have the option of going to Portugal where drugs are decriminalized. Here's a good video about drug policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wONAqaxgIoo

(November 21, 2016 at 4:12 am)robvalue Wrote: Did anyone real this as canabalism?

I'm not sure on this one. Having regular smoking and alcohol legal and this banned makes little sense though.

No, I don't think anybody else read it as cannibalism. Rob have you been smoking too much of that weird stuff? Tongue

(November 21, 2016 at 4:12 am)robvalue Wrote: Did anyone real this as canabalism?

Pretty sure there isn't any laws against cannibalism in the UK, so eat away!

Just not me... Tongue
(November 21, 2016 at 4:14 am)ReptilianPeon Wrote: I think so. But they also have the option of going to Portugal where drugs are decriminalized. Here's a good video about drug policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wONAqaxgIoo

What a ridiculous title.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  San Fran to expunge over 9000 cannabis convictions EgoDeath 57 4903 March 7, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4536 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Argentina steps closer to legalising abortion pocaracas 0 357 June 14, 2018 at 9:59 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  And The Fascists Take One More Step Forward Minimalist 8 1204 May 21, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Search For Leaks Closer To Home Minimalist 0 542 May 1, 2018 at 12:31 pm
  Step it up, Canada John V 7 1888 September 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6923 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Another Rapist - Another Asshole Judge Minimalist 13 3512 August 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm
  One huge ass leap closer dyresand 0 715 June 7, 2016 at 12:10 am
Last Post: dyresand