Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 27th July 2017, 14:44

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Once Again History - not fucking religion
#1
Once Again History - not fucking religion
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/christia...christmas/

Quote:Guess who has been calling Christmas a pagan holiday for the last 500 years? Christians.  

If it feels like the “War on Christmas” is getting really old, it is. Over ten years have passed since Bill O’Reilly first opened December with a segment called, “Christmas Under Siege”—ten long years in which his cadences and refrains and echoing chorus have become as familiar to most Americans as Handel’s Messiah. More familiar, in fact.


A relatively long read but there is a lot of bullshit to wade through with jesus freaks.


Reply
#2
RE: Once Again History - not fucking religion
weird an eternal and unchanging deity would keep changing his mind about observing holidays
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.
Reply
#3
RE: Once Again History - not fucking religion
(25th November 2016, 23:55)vorlon13 Wrote: weird an eternal and unchanging deity would keep changing his mind about observing holidays

It's almost as if his followers are sticking their own words in his holy mouth ... Thinking
Gone, gone, gone ...
Reply
#4
RE: Once Again History - not fucking religion
Does seem that way, doesn't it?


Reply
#5
RE: Once Again History - not fucking religion
The concept of 'dogma' doesn't include flexibility does it ?
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And Certainly Not The Fucking Garden of Eden! Minimalist 4 304 8th June 2017, 13:16
Last Post: Minimalist
  History and were doomed to repeat it dyresand 34 1070 8th April 2017, 12:50
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  History Is Neither Linear Nor Cyclical Fred Hampton 1 134 25th March 2017, 09:38
Last Post: mh.brewer
  In high school history class Lutrinae 26 1265 31st January 2017, 09:32
Last Post: bennyboy
  History of blue and red in electoral maps. Brian37 10 689 5th November 2016, 13:34
Last Post: Brian37
  Some of the Younger People Here Need a History Lesson Minimalist 4 641 19th May 2016, 12:13
Last Post: Minimalist
  What's your favorite "History is Stranger than Fiction" moment from world history? FatAndFaithless 31 2798 13th March 2016, 05:50
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Black History Month: Madame CJ Walker BrokenQuill92 5 888 16th February 2016, 11:30
Last Post: paulpablo
  Using Data Visualization to View History Horizontally Whateverist 0 563 13th January 2016, 11:59
Last Post: Whateverist
  Forgetting Jesus Freak Bullshit, Let's Stick To History: Minimalist 38 4846 20th October 2015, 13:30
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: