Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument for Theism from Drinking
Argument for Theism from Drinking
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

-Benjamin Franklin
RE: Argument for Theism from Drinking
I dont see your point? Read Proverbs 20 though Wink
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(September 3, 2010 at 8:56 pm)FadingW Wrote: "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

-Benjamin Franklin

Yes, but that god would be Bacchus:

"A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk." (Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
WHAT....the fuck.
(September 3, 2010 at 8:56 pm)FadingW Wrote: "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

-Benjamin Franklin

Hey now. I can get just as drunk as an atheist as I could as a theist. Drunker, even (since some of you theists have rules against alcohol... Mormons...)

Otherwise, just what are you trying to prove? I put 'god' into my everday speech all the time (and sometimes not simply as a part of "god damn it", but that's fairly rare.) Still, I'm quite the atheist, now ain't I?
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(September 4, 2010 at 2:31 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: Otherwise, just what are you trying to prove? I put 'god' into my everday speech all the time (and sometimes not simply as a part of "god damn it", but that's fairly rare.) Still, I'm quite the atheist, now ain't I?

In my angriest moments, I say (instead of goddamn) "godfuck." I have to watch my mouth closely at work...
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran

-Benjamin Franklin

More likely that he prefers us to remain drunk, It's amazing what you'll think is a good idea when you're pissedTongue
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(September 4, 2010 at 7:44 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: More likely that he prefers us to remain drunk, It's amazing what you'll think is a good idea when you're pissedTongue

I'll drink to that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theism is literally childish I_am_not_mafia 391 58447 November 16, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1240 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey
  Theism the unscientific belief dyresand 18 4070 November 11, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Prove Christianity, not Theism in General Tea Earl Grey Hot 125 32674 March 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Chance to better theism tackattack 24 6538 June 26, 2010 at 4:32 am
Last Post: tackattack