Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no argument for the existence of "God"
There is no argument for the existence of "God"
The fact that theists must present arguments first and foremost already concludes no existence.

One can play biblical scrabble all day long, but nothing is more convincing than the fact that religious faith can never be proof of anything except wishful thinking.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: There is no argument for the existence of "God"
Even if there was one, without tangible evidence, they are exploring nothing but their imaginary version of reality and presuming it to be the same.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's because they've been brainwashed to believe it is so, therefore, it must be.

To challenge this by asking them for proof of the existence of a god, is to ask them to dig into a part of their brain that remains locked up because of the brainwashing that's been done. One must come into their own realization of the fact that it's okay to challenge religion. It's okay to ask the tough questions that no pastor, priest, rabbi or any other clerical authority figure seems willing to answer. Instead, when challenged, the believer is put on the defensive. "How dare you question things about god! How dare you question all the good he has done!"

Some people ask theists for proof of god's existence not because we want to be argumentative, but because we honestly want to know where he's at, if he's real. Time and time again, they point to the bible and sadly, they refuse to see how clear minded thinking people, have an issue with the accuracy and legitimacy of that book.

Perhaps it's some internal fear that has been programmed into their brains that if they so much as question why something simply "is", they will feel like a traitor to god or something. I don't get it. I broke free from religious constraints and am doing fine. I seriously doubt that the struggles I'm dealing with now, wouldn't be here had I still believed. Hell, I just think about all the shit I went through when I WAS religious and none of my pain was taken away. So honestly, my conclusion eventually came to rest at was: no, there simply is no god.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It's a meaningless word. If I have to ask every single person I talk to what they mean by it, then it's meaningless.

They all just use the same word, and mostly agree it's some sort of creator. But not everyone even agrees that far.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
You've got the ones who eat so much circular salad mix that they become crazed whenever you challenge their beliefs in such a way that they can't back out of it. Truly, when backed into a corner, even when presented with evidence of say, contradictions in the bible, they are STILL in denial.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Sure. There is only indoctrination and churches selling medicine to illness they brainwashed people to believe in.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
Don't be daft - of course there are arguments for the existence of God. Hundreds of them. You can't swing a cat without hitting an argument for the existence of God. There have been arguments for the existence of God since people first dreamed up God.

'No argument for the existence of God'. Sheesh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Also, we only need one good argument, backed by evidence.

Hundreds of bad arguments, each without evidence, will never add up to this. It's not Tetris.

Index of my best videos
(March 14, 2016 at 3:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Don't be daft - of course there are arguments for the existence of God.  Hundreds of them.  You can't swing a cat without hitting an argument for the existence of God.  There have been arguments for the existence of God since people first dreamed up God.

'No argument for the existence of God'.  Sheesh.

Boru

Perhaps he was going for; "No arguments for the existence of God that hold more water than a spaghetti strainer." which is how I took it. 

Could be me though.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
The bible is just turn by turn direction to find God... In the statement "there is no argument to prove God" your right. You can prove the validity turn by turn directions, any more rationally than you can argue the existence of God. But, to assume that turn by turn direction can only be vetted though argument is also incorrect. Directions are vetted by one following said directions. If they take you where they are said to lead then the directions are valid. Likewise if the directions in the bible take you to God then the bible is indeed validated. No 'argument' needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If There Was A HELPFUL God… BrianSoddingBoru4 49 2707 February 8, 2024 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  IF There Was God... ronedee 36 1108 February 5, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2081 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 2842 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2324 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  My argument against God(s) & omnipresence ErGingerbreadMandude 8 2162 June 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Shadow_Man
  Atheism vs. God's Existence sk123 412 53579 May 27, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Two ways to prove the existence of God. Also, what I'm looking for. IanHulett 9 3598 July 25, 2015 at 6:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  20 Arguments for God's existence? Foxaèr 17 4089 May 9, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 11999 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.