Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument
Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument
So let me get this straight, if I read the bible, and don't come to the same conclusion about God as you have, that means I didn't read the bible right?

If you read any other book, and you interpret it differently from me, you don't see me standing there screaming back "WELL READ IT AGAIN BECAUSE MY WAY IS RIGHT".

Just my short little rant.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument
And it is not just in reference to books, but it is much deeper and more disturbing than that.

It is how a mere sentence is interpreted within the same book they all read.

Very disturbing.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Haha.

If I read the bible, with the brain God gave me, and don't get the message God wants me to get, then GOD has failed.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You forgot to look for the secret code. Each page is like a seek and find word search puzzle. Get your pencil and try again.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, why would the self proclaimed "saved" people let you unsaved pagans in on their little game there ??

Turning the tables on them in regards to all the copious scriptures they find inconvenient isn't going to be something they are going to have any enthusiasm for.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 28, 2015 at 2:01 am)Heat Wrote: So let me get this straight, if I read the bible, and don't come to the same conclusion about God as you have, that means I didn't read the bible right?

If you read any other book, and you interpret it differently from me, you don't see me standing there screaming back "WELL READ IT AGAIN BECAUSE MY WAY IS RIGHT".

Just my short little rant.

This one always makes me laugh. They can interperet the bible however they want, but... when I call out verses like ephesians 5 22Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.… that are explicit... and people tell me that I misunderstood... I laugh my face off because it's a cop out to avoid defending their book...  Wink
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
It appears that a mere mortal like me is much better at having my messages understood than this God character.

And, you know what? If it becomes clear people have misunderstood me, guess what I do? I sit back and laugh as people kill each other over the interpretations!

No wait, I clarify it myself. I don't employ millions of people to all "clarify" it in contradictory ways so that no one knows who to believe.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 28, 2015 at 2:01 am)Heat Wrote: So let me get this straight, if I read the bible, and don't come to the same conclusion about God as you have, that means I didn't read the bible right?
Nope.  It means that at this time God has not drawn you to Himself.  

If you read the Bible and misrepresents what it says, that may mean you didn't read it right.  The conclusions you come to after understanding it, that's a different story.
(December 28, 2015 at 2:01 am)Heat Wrote: If you read any other book, and you interpret it differently from me, you don't see me standing there screaming back "WELL READ IT AGAIN BECAUSE MY WAY IS RIGHT".
I couldn't have written that any better than you did.  I agree, fadora's are more July than sleep.

If it could be proven beyond doubt that God exists...
and that He is the one spoken of in the Bible...
would you repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ?

(December 28, 2015 at 10:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: You forgot to look for the secret code. Each page is like a seek and find word search puzzle. Get your pencil and try again.

It's like an Easter Egg.

G-Rob has better ones.
[quote='orangebox21' pid='1156944' dateline='1451524852']
Quote:If you read the Bible and misrepresents what it says, that may mean you didn't read it right.  The conclusions you come to after understanding it, that's a different story.
 I know right?  I couldn't be a christian if it were true, if it were as it was understood by believers.  This is because I understand what the bible says, what believers say, and don't agree.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hannity gets served by an atheist... and his own stupidity Regina 73 10750 June 23, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  More Christian Stupidity Foxaèr 8 1851 March 18, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stupidity: Just got my bell RUNG! BlackSwordsman 2 1175 May 29, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  The Latest Installment of Catholic Stupidity Minimalist 18 3696 October 1, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
Smile God, come out, come out wherever you are! Tea Earl Grey Hot 262 82163 May 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Pointing out Christian's Tendencies to Cherry Pick Verses is Fun Handprint 3 1715 December 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Xavier
  Stupidity in my hometown Thor 24 9494 April 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Christian stupidity Zen Badger 0 1367 December 11, 2010 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Zen Badger