Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump Met with Bill Gates
Donald Trump Met with Bill Gates
You don't have to believe Trump is a clinically defined psychopath to know this is dangerous. The meeting was announced briefly on the radio. No details except that Trump plans to meet with other technology experts. Now ask yourself what kind of information can a man like Gates give to a man like Trump?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Donald Trump Met with Bill Gates
(December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: You don't have to believe Trump is a clinically defined psychopath to know this is dangerous.  The meeting was announced briefly on the radio. No details except that Trump plans to meet with other technology experts. Now ask yourself what kind of information can a man like Gates give to a man like Trump?

Several things come to mind, including the value of (real) charitable foundations.
Maybe he can tell him to go fuck himself?
I wouldn't fuck with gates if I were trump
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Now ask yourself what kind of information can a man like Gates give to a man like Trump?

Money making tips?
(December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Now ask yourself what kind of information can a man like Gates give to a man like Trump?

What it's like to be a real billionaire?

Gates' takeaway from the conversation is a bit bizarre:

Quote:Bill Gates suggested Tuesday that there was a bit in common between how President-elect Donald Trump and President John F. Kennedy communicated with the American people.

The billionaire philanthropist, who recently had a phone conversation with Trump to discuss clean energy and climate change, told CNBC that "there can be a very upbeat message" about a Trump administration.

"You know, a lot of his message has been about things where he sees things not as good as he'd like," he said.

The thing about this is, Gates was also announcing a large-scale effort to help the governments of the world deal with climate change. Climate change. You know, that thing that Trump seems to think is a Chinese hoax? That thing his administration seems to be intent on reversing, if his early cabinet appointments are any indication?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Clean energy and climate change? So who called whom?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Have you tried rebooting your campaign?
(December 13, 2016 at 6:15 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: You don't have to believe Trump is a clinically defined psychopath to know this is dangerous.  The meeting was announced briefly on the radio. No details except that Trump plans to meet with other technology experts. Now ask yourself what kind of information can a man like Gates give to a man like Trump?

Several things come to mind, including the value of (real) charitable foundations.

Gate's "charitable" foundation is as much a scam as Trump's. The vast majority of its funds come from Microsoft, a company he hasn't owned in a long time (he's at best defrauded his fellow investors to fund a vanity project), has a nasty habit of crowding out local companies and governmental organisations in favour of companies owned or operated by friends which are much dearer to use, and finally both he and his wife have, for years, taken seven figure salaries from the trust.

Gates is simply much better at seeming than Trump.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
All of that notwithstanding, the Gates Foundation appears to do much actual charity work, the Trump Foundation apparently much less so. I'd bet money he's never speculated on what a "great piece of ass" either of his daughters is.

Gates is no saint, but he's no Trump, either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 359 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2204 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Crypto bill paulpablo 31 2713 August 19, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1701 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Az Lawmaker introduces scary bill. Brian37 40 3492 February 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2850 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1054 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8137 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 724 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 325 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon