Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 23rd June 2017, 08:03

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was "he" talking to?
Who was "he" talking to?
"And God said, Let there be light".

(a) Why would a god have to *say* anything?
(b) Who or what was around to hear and action the request?
RE: Who was "he" talking to?
God works in mysterious ways!
You just got to have faith!

If you question Gods existence you will burn in hell for eternity!

Makes plenty of sense doesn't it?
Just to play devil's advocate, if I remember from my Christian days, Genesis refers to the creation of the "physical" universe. The "spiritual" realm, IE Heaven and all the various spirit creatures that reside in it, already existed. So you could say he was talking to the angels I suppose.
[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
God was a touchy and needy kinda God, hence his admonition to have no other Gods before him. So God was just showing off to the other Gods when he created this universe.
That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens . . . The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. . . . it is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must do more to stop it.   

William Jefferson Clinton

All part of casting a spell. You have to speak words of power, or do a ritual, or something. I know some theists don't like to use the word magic when it comes to their special god, but he's got to do something. Probably also has to do with the old belief that there is a spirit of the air, so to have something come to life you need to breathe the spirit of life in in. And of course ancient people didn't know that space is an airless vacuum.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Exactly! That's why prayer only works if your lips are moving. It's to do with cosmic resonance...
Chopra learned me that one!

( then how come jebus knows when we are thinking naughty thoughts? It doesn't make sense!)
But who am I to question God's mysterious ways?
Quote:AtlasS33 wrote:
"When it comes to the deiety I worship, he sent a book, it contained a message. I took that message, tested it, then I realized he is God : it didn't break against reality."
Pulse Wrote:
~ Atheism seems so incredibly counter intuitive, that to even begin to take it seriously, one has to suspend all logic."

Religion: making the uncomfortable comfortable for thousands of years.
(2nd January 2017, 20:45)ignoramus Wrote: Exactly! That's why prayer only works if your lips are moving. It's to do with cosmic resonance...
Chopra learned me that one!

( then how come jebus knows when we are thinking naughty thoughts? It doesn't make sense!)
But who am I to question God's mysterious ways?

God has all sorts of psychological problems, why should it surprise anyone that he talks to himself too?
Raj: They’re going to sell out!
Howard: What are we going to do?
Sheldon: All right, this goes against everything I stand for but desperate times call for desperate measures. Lord, this is Sheldon Cooper. You’re good friends with my mom. I know I’ve spent my life denying that you exist…
Howard: Got ‘em!
Sheldon: And I will continue to do so! - The Big Bang Theory
Hello new person.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
I doubt that he was saying any words at all.  Take a look at literature through the ages and notice all the literary devices used.  Then you'll understand what is going on here.
(3rd January 2017, 23:12)Lek Wrote: I doubt that he was saying any words at all.  Take a look at literature through the ages and notice all the literary devices used.  Then you'll understand what is going on here.

Of course he wasn't saying any words at all, he's not real so it couldn't have happened. Big Grin
Raj: They’re going to sell out!
Howard: What are we going to do?
Sheldon: All right, this goes against everything I stand for but desperate times call for desperate measures. Lord, this is Sheldon Cooper. You’re good friends with my mom. I know I’ve spent my life denying that you exist…
Howard: Got ‘em!
Sheldon: And I will continue to do so! - The Big Bang Theory

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 1369 26th March 2017, 22:04
Last Post: Industrial Lad
  Oh NOES! Talking Animals In Fantasy Stories Nope 13 1733 27th February 2015, 19:34
Last Post: Minimalist
  talking snake justin 16 3604 11th February 2013, 05:33
Last Post: Confused Ape
  "Talking Jesus" (Urban Dictionary definition) RichardP 1 1008 17th December 2012, 23:21
Last Post: Minimalist
  Talking to Christians Loading Please Wait 21 3257 3rd October 2011, 12:00
Last Post: frankiej
  Okay, am I preaching now or just talking? Stucky 30 3968 26th September 2011, 22:39
Last Post: Khemikal