Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists who speak with God
Theists who speak with God
I was just wondering, when a theist communicates with God, is there any etiquette which needs to be followed.
EG: I know that you can initiate a conversation with God through prayer, but if God needs to tell you something, does he just say it in your head?
If God can hear your thoughts, why do people pray out loud? (I know he's old, maybe he's a little deaf and needs to lip read?) Dunno

I mean what if you're in the middle of sex or listening to motorhead with your headphones in? Does your music just cut out or does he have to shout a bit so you can hear him? I know I sound a bit naïve but being a tech nerd, I'm just fascinated with technical details, that's all.

Someone please help this misguided but well meaning heathen ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Theists who speak with God
God doesn't speak to anyone. It's all made up in each persons head. Every religion is different. Some pray out loud some to themselves not in public. Some shout out to god on their knees.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Motorhead will drown out gods voice. Lemmy and a set of head phones is a safe refuge from that old git.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yeah, pretty annoying when you're in the act and god starts chiming in. "I am mighty disappoint in you son."

Doesn't bother me though. I just tell Him He's next.
Hypothesis: Just before they die, every theist who's ever spoken to god hears "hahaha! I'm the devil, it's been me this whole time!"
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I've asked before for some actual stuff God has told people. Something the person didn't already know, or couldn't easily find out. So far, nothing.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 6, 2017 at 7:17 am)ignoramus Wrote: I was just wondering, when a theist communicates with God, is there any etiquette which needs to be followed.
No.
While Prayer is formal and follows a pattern "Our father who is in Heaven.."
Simple communication is more like saying dear lord (opening a prayer) and start asking question or bring Him your troubles. How ever His response will greatly differ dependent on how deep your relationship is.
As my relationship grew It went from a series of coincidences, "here is a bible verse that explains what I asked." to dreams, to Him sending people/messenger to haveing radio ministers answering my specifically asked questions daily. To all of that plus now answered petition. Meaning It seems like I can have whatever I ask with in my gift realm. Meaning in the areas God and I have been working. The only thing is everything has a price. Like If I ask for 1,000,000 God gives me a million dollars worth of work, which is twice as hard if I am not logistically outfitted for such jobs or contracts. So I find it better to wait.

Quote:EG: I know that you can initiate a conversation with God through prayer, but if God needs to tell you something, does he just say it in your head?
He starts off by saying things in the bible and works with you from there. it all depends on you and how hard your heart is to Him. I have very recently hear Him or rather a very loud and booming voice say: DANIEL STOP! which if I were standing it would have brought me to my knees. I've had him send a literal messenger/tangible human being to tell me what He wanted me to know about a situation and my future. Sometimes though when I write out answers to you guys I will start writing and it's like he takes over.. Then when I am done I am like holy crap where did all of that come from? Sometimes there will even be language or bible references, dates or time period included in what I have written that I will go back and check and low and behold they are correct. But mostly I find Him in whispers.

Quote:If God can hear your thoughts, why do people pray out loud?  (I know he's old, maybe he's a little deaf and needs to lip read?) Dunno
When leading a congergation.
Or when your heart hurts so bad, it just spills out loud.
For me anyway. Some people just like hearing the sound of themselves speak.

Quote:I mean what if you're in the middle of sex or listening to motorhead with your headphones in? Does your music just cut out or does he have to shout a bit so you can hear him? I know I sound a bit naïve but being a tech nerd, I'm just fascinated with technical details, that's all.
who has sex the will allow head phones to stay in?
Quote:Someone please help this misguided but well meaning heathen ...
and if he did?
God would never speak directly to anyone outside of his One True Religion.

Everyone else is channeling SATAN.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 6, 2017 at 7:17 am)ignoramus Wrote: I was just wondering, when a theist communicates with God, is there any etiquette which needs to be followed.
EG: I know that you can initiate a conversation with God through prayer, but if God needs to tell you something, does he just say it in your head?
If God can hear your thoughts, why do people pray out loud? (I know he's old, maybe he's a little deaf and needs to lip read?) Dunno

I mean what if you're in the middle of sex or listening to motorhead with your headphones in? Does your music just cut out or does he have to shout a bit so you can hear him? I know I sound a bit naïve but being a tech nerd, I'm just fascinated with technical details, that's all.

God speaks to those who show sincere interest in hearing him. God speaks to people in a quite and still voice, meaning you have to be spiritually sound if you expect to hear an answer. Like Drich said most answers come while sincerely reading the Bible, though I have heard his voice communicating with my spirit and for me it sounded as an audible voice.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 6, 2017 at 12:33 pm)Godschild Wrote:
If God can hear your thoughts, why do people pray out loud?  (I know he's old, maybe he's a little deaf and needs to lip read?) Dunno

God speaks to those who show sincere interest in hearing him. God speaks to people in a quite and still voice, meaning you have to be spiritually sound if you expect to hear an answer. Like Drich said most answers come while sincerely reading the Bible, though I have heard his voice communicating with my spirit and for me it sounded as an audible voice.

GC
Have you heard of your inner/internal monologue. The voice in your head is literally yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_monologue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Quote:Individuals with schizophrenia may experience hallucinations (most reported are hearing voices), delusions (often bizarre or persecutory in nature), and disorganized thinking and speech

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries that speak a different language to the religion they are aligned with flag UniverseCaptain 25 1581 October 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24763 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5203 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32571 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2349 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 16971 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3494 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  "Cult-speak" lines Foxaèr 24 2673 September 15, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16344 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God and theists. WinterHold 96 33282 May 23, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0