Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-Identities as a Mermaid
Self-Identities as a Mermaid
Love to hear the Kinks do a song about this one. Reminds me of a Southpark Episode.

Self-identify as Mermaids
RE: Self-Identities as a Mermaid
"Oh, why couldn't she be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on the top and the lady part on the bottom?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:When Caitlin Nielsen told her kindergarten teacher she wanted to be a mermaid when she grew up, the kids laughed at her.

Now she's under the sea, laughing at them.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

They had me until the pic with the woman putting on her mer-tail. God's nads, what a gyp.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 16, 2017 at 7:26 pm)Faith No More Wrote: "Oh, why couldn't she be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on the top and the lady part on the bottom?"

Because then she'd smell fishy all over!

(I'm here all week, try the veal) Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
You know, I'd be a lot less concerned that one of my daughters wanted to be a mermaid--and then went through with it--than I would be if they said they wanted to be Amish and then went through with it.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Instead of their own bathrooms , are they going to demand their own pools to pee in.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

What the heck does this have to do with trans ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I self-identify as a pine tree.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(January 17, 2017 at 7:16 pm)Orochi Wrote: What the heck does this have to do with trans ?

Absolutely nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 751 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy Birthday Martian Mermaid brewer 17 1571 March 26, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 8943 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Self Wipe Toilet Tissue Aid KUSA 112 32874 May 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The-Boring-Self-Absorbed-Rambely-Bullshit-Thread Edwardo Piet 38 5423 April 19, 2016 at 2:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Your self in real life vs on AF Catholic_Lady 94 12580 February 5, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Self-racism? Dystopia 69 12056 February 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  What advice would you give to your younger self? Rayaan 87 14345 July 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Self Image Cinjin 44 9600 March 18, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  [split] I like to necropost :) (was Feminist reports rape threat made by self) Mothonis 6 3725 December 31, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Violet