Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Devos Hearing is a disaster, but she'll still be confirmed
Betsy Devos Hearing is a disaster, but she'll still be confirmed
She wants to use the office to continue to promote 'God's Kingdom'.  She won't commit to protecting students with disabilities, she won't commit to funding for public schools, she won't work to address fraud.  Her confirmation hearing proved that she is inadequate and unqualified to be Secretary Of Education. 

And unlike Ben Carson who has 'owned a house', she hasn't even attended a public school.  Nor have her kids, nor has she taught at one, or even worked at one.  And this is the person Donald Trump wants to put in charge of public education.

As a teacher this frightens and concerns me.  As a parent who has kids in public schools this terrifies me.  Democrats did a good job grilling her (Especially Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Tim Kaine, and Al Franken)  all of whom made her look absolutely lost.  But because she gave millions to Republicans, she'll be confirmed.  It doesn't matter that she destroyed Michigan's schools.  Or that she's wholly unqualified.  All that matters is that she is a billionaire who donated money to Republican senators.  So of course she'll be confirmed.  I might die of shock if she isn't.

To put all this in perspective: If you attended a public school, congratulations!  You are more qualified to be Secretary of Education than Betsy DeVos.  And you've probably done a lot less to destroy public education than she has to boot.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Betsy Devos Hearing is a disaster, but she'll still be confirmed
Oh, yeah. She was annoying! But all the ®'s seemed to love her, and she obviously loved them back.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
The party of graft and extortion continues on in its journey of showing just how badly they can govern.

They've really lost their marbles. Dubya was infinitely more discerning in his picks than this carnival of fools.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
And she wouldn't say there shouldn't be guns in schools. So there's that bonus.

But fear not about the Jesus thing. The First Amendment rules are explicit about the teaching of religion in schools, let alone favoring one over the other. It's difficult to think that after decades of agreement by SCOTUS justices that religion shall not be taught in public schools that it will suddenly be reversed. Of course, it's not impossible, but it's incredibly unlikely at this point.
Literally nothing surprises me anymore.

Fuck you if you're a disabled kid. God wants kids to go to schools with their own kind!

Fucking fucker.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
The dumbing down of america continues.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Her agenda is to push public money into private school ventures so rich motherfuckers can get even richer.  In this she is like every other republicunt out there.  They all suck.
(January 18, 2017 at 2:40 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: The party of graft and extortion continues on in its journey of showing just how badly they can govern.

They've really lost their marbles. Dubya was infinitely more discerning in his picks than this carnival of fools.

Sadly doesn't matter.  The people who could vote for a different party that could actually win and wouldn't make so many bad choices are convinced the dems are just the same or that the difference is so minuscule as to make no difference.  I mean why vote for the status quo just because the alternative turns out to be a little shittier than we expected?  We are surrounded by people of poor judgement.  Anyone who thinks all the crap Trump inflicts on us will galvanize the nation to make a meaningful change in four years give the electorate far more credit than they deserve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4614 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 322 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 1897 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 6487 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I love AOC! She nails it on the head! Secular Elf 11 994 March 4, 2020 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 962 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Betsy Devos - Crooked Cunt Minimalist 7 1216 August 13, 2018 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Chad32
  And TheTrumptard Will Still Not Care.... Minimalist 8 1044 August 1, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Evidently, we're still living in 1974... Rev. Rye 25 4248 June 4, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3559 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie