Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump & The Prisoner's Dilemma.
Donald Trump & The Prisoner's Dilemma.
No one disputes that The Donald has an ethnocentric view of the Untied States, and middle to upper class individuals, especially, white individuals.  But, if he truly tries to put "America first", will the classic Prisoner's Dilemma be the result:

[Image: Image10.gif]

As with the cold war era that I grew-up in ('70s & '80s), will Donald Trump's policy, in trying "to make America great again" simply lead to a World where everyone is worse off?  The answer seems obvious, but my mind remains open.  More information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma
RE: Donald Trump & The Prisoner's Dilemma.
Russia's economy is very close in size to Italy's.

So the spend/spend square would be a 'win' for us too.

Meanwhile, China is busy annexing the Philippines . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Donald Trump & The Prisoner's Dilemma.
That's not the point of my OP.  Here's the central idea behind TPD:

Quote:The prisoner's dilemma is a standard example of a game analyzed in game theory that shows why two completely "rational" individuals might not cooperate, even if it appears that it is in their best interests to do so. It was originally framed by Merrill Flood and Melvin Dresher working at RAND in 1950.

Let's say that you don't trust me, because you think that I am an asshole who is out to screw you.  And, so, you and I both behave in ways whereby we end up having less as compared to a scenario in which we had cooperated, and in doing so, we would have both ended-up having more.

The Donald "wants to make American great again" (by the way, when was it, Mr. Tump?), but the only way to "make America great" is to screw the other Nations of the World.  But, in screwing (or, at least trying to) other Nations, they can and will screw us back, which means, in the end, everyone loses, which means that American will be more worse off than it was before.  And, so, in the end, Trump "trying to make America great" will only make it into a hellhole, along with the other nations of the World.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1645 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2706 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1001 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 7930 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 704 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 318 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36848 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2111 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Donald Trump predicting Red Wave!! Jehanne 99 12082 November 18, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is Donald Trump a traitor?! Jehanne 90 9402 July 22, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Mystic