Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think?
What Do You Think?
I was inspired to think this up as though the idea came to me from the very cosmos itself

What do you think?

I'm more than willing to change my opinion if any of you can wisely convince me how I am wrong:

It all comes down to taking a proverbial step back and challenging your brainwashing.

If there is no scientific evidence WHATSOEVER that gravity is the result of a

meaningless, random chance occurrence then 

the assumption

IS BASED ON BLIND FAITH, NOT ON SCIENCE!!!
RE: What Do You Think?
I don't really care what you think, so I'm not going to try to persuade you here. Can you support the claim that I am brainwashed, though? Get past that part and I might look into the rest.
Let me make it clear

You have no repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that
gravity is the result of a meaningless random chance occurrence, yet you BLINDLY
believe it to be so because some hotshot scientists have intimidated and BRAINWASHED you into believing
this unsubstantiated nonsense!!!

Either gravity is the result of a meaningless random chance occurrence or
it was intelligently designed for a purpose.

I SEE NO THIRD OPTION!!
How do you know what I believe and why I believe it?
Welcome matey... Did church let everyone out early today?

So what you're saying is: you've got zero proof for your magic sky fairy, so you'll attack science instead.
And somehow that will increase the possibility of the fairy tale being true?
How exactly does that work?

Cheers...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'd love an intro thread from you, but I'm guessing it would be pointless. 

*goes to put my socks in the hamper*
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 19, 2017 at 12:30 am)Jesster Wrote: How do you know what I believe and why I believe it?

So far, by the evidence, I believe you cannot respond intelligently to what I wrote

that is SELF-EVIDENT.

Of course, this may change in your next post
What the ever loving fuck is with the recent spate of scientifically illiterate god of the gaps challenges to atheism newby threads? Most, like this one, aren't even coherent. Somebody must have released the creatard version of Beetlejuice.
(January 19, 2017 at 12:33 am)JROHAN Wrote:
(January 19, 2017 at 12:30 am)Jesster Wrote: How do you know what I believe and why I believe it?

So far, by the evidence, I believe you cannot respond intelligently to what I wrote

that is SELF-EVIDENT.

Of course, this may change in your next post

I don't care what you believe. Do you care what I believe? I believe you are a twatwaffle. This is SELF-EVIDENT.
(January 19, 2017 at 12:30 am)JROHAN Wrote: Let me make it clear

You have no repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that
gravity is the result of a meaningless random chance occurrence, yet you BLINDLY
believe it to be so because some hotshot scientists have intimidated and BRAINWASHED you into believing
this unsubstantiated nonsense!!!

Either gravity is the result of a meaningless random chance occurrence or
it was intelligently designed for a purpose.

I SEE NO THIRD OPTION!!

IF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE

The intelligent will see that I am NOT endorsing some "sky fairy"

anyone who says so would be, by the very nature of the statement, not very intelligent

for the evidence does NOT support such a conclusion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1647 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 943 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 452 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 564 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
Question What do you think of this new indian spiritual guru ? Megabullshit 4 809 April 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Advertising "Who do you think you're fooling?" Brian37 15 1739 March 30, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  What do you think guys? purplepurpose 15 1718 January 25, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 15 4733 June 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 2 769 June 14, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  You might think Libertarians are... chimp3 1 619 October 27, 2016 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet