Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think guys?
What do you think guys?
Aren't people themselves idiots for believing in Eternal Heaven and Hell?
RE: What do you think guys?
Nah, that's just something that people do.  They can't really help it, and there's not exactly a cure. It only crosses the line of idiocy when they start fluffing either concept, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 24, 2018 at 1:16 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Aren't people themselves idiots for believing in Eternal Heaven and Hell?

I think that a lot of these topics would be better placed in one of the religion sub-sections.... Angel

Beyond that, I don't think 'idiot' is the correct term. 'Misguided' seems more accurate to me.
(January 24, 2018 at 1:16 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Aren't people themselves idiots for believing in Eternal Heaven and Hell?

No... why would you think that?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
What exactly are you hoping to get from this thread, purple? The last several threads you've posted have just been one or two sentences amounting to "theists are stupid, aren't they?"

Is there a topic you'd actually like to have a discussion on, or do you just need reassurance that you're intelligent?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Déjà vu?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Not idiots. Just easily led. It's not wonder why many theists want to start teaching this stuff when people are young, vulnerable, and conditioned to believe and obey adults.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 24, 2018 at 4:00 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What exactly are you hoping to get from this thread, purple?  The last several threads you've posted have just been one or two sentences amounting to "theists are stupid, aren't they?"  

Is there a topic you'd actually like to have a discussion on, or do you just need reassurance that you're intelligent?

I feel like idiot for believing in magic.
I feel like you’re an idiot for deliberately trying to skate around the prime directive and posting troll threads with no intention of actual discussion.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 25, 2018 at 1:43 pm)Losty Wrote: I feel like you’re an idiot for deliberately trying to skate around the prime directive and posting troll threads with no intention of actual discussion.

Religious claim that were basically a property of a Magical Dude is so ridiculous that I don't understand why I believed in it so long. That's why I feel like an idiot. 

I didn't wanted to troll. I'm shocked a bit that being a property of Magical Dude is such a popular thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1700 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 953 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 464 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  One for the guys onlinebiker 15 732 October 5, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  South Park. What you think of Cartman? Snideon 10 571 July 10, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: mediocrates
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1483 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3143 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
Question What do you think of this new indian spiritual guru ? Megabullshit 4 824 April 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1732 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr