Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advertising "Who do you think you're fooling?"
Advertising "Who do you think you're fooling?"
Ok, today I went shopping, and  I just noticed buying the bag of generic store brand frozen chicken wings, not vacuum sealed, on the bag it said, "Glazed in ice to insure freshness".......

OH BULLSHIT, that really means, "We still want you to buy this even if it has freezer burn."

No,  I am not saying one should never buy frozen anything, that is fine, I do it all the time. But don't try to blow smoke up my ass. 

You can tell with clear packaging when something is simply frozen, and when it gets fuzzy ice, which means it is been on the shelf for too long. Everyone knows what frozen is.
RE: Advertising "Who do you think you're fooling?"
Ice glazing is actually a thing. It helps protect against freezer burn.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(March 30, 2018 at 1:07 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Ice glazing is actually a thing. It helps protect against freezer burn.

Nice try buddy.  You ain't fooling me!
(March 30, 2018 at 1:07 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Ice glazing is actually a thing. It helps protect against freezer burn.

That's just what Trump and the NRA want you to think!
It's part of the conspiracy so the rich get richer!
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Just go choke a live chicken.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Yea I am sure that IS certainly a marketing tool sure. So is calling a slimy shell animal "escargot".

I have bought that particular generic brand in that exact bag for almost a decade, no, it does not stop freezer burn. Vacuum then frozen is a far better method. It is just wording to extend the ability to sell sell it. I am quite sure it wont give anyone food poisoning no, but it won't taste as fresh either.
Did you know they also pump carbon monoxide into meats to subdue the population. I haven't eaten supermarket meat in years. Don't let them get you.
(March 30, 2018 at 1:12 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

That's just what Trump and the NRA want you to think!
It's part of the conspiracy so the rich get richer!

Fuck you dick. I just find the marketing silly in this case. It isn't a conspiracy to call fish eggs "caviar" either, but it is still a way to get more money out of people.

That is far different than what firearm company CEOs and their corporate lobby do which IS harmful, in the same way big oil obstructs any law to get us off burning fossil fuels which we need to do. 

Just because I say, "Who are you kidding" does not mean I am claiming JFK was a vampire. I just find the marketing ON THIS PRODUCT silly.

(March 30, 2018 at 1:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Just go choke a live chicken.

What I do in the privacy of my own home outside your view is none of your business.  Big Grin
Ice actually does provide a protective layer for tissues, both plant and animal. This is why farmers will often water winter crops just before a freeze - the ice keeps the plants at 0 deg (damage to the tissue- freezer burn -  only occurs below freezing).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 30, 2018 at 1:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 30, 2018 at 1:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Just go choke a live chicken.

What I do in the privacy of my own home outside your view is none of your business.  Big Grin

If you have live chickens in your home you've got bigger problems than freezer burn.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5956 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Narcissistic Mami- post here and you tell me what you think about me J a c k 70 6869 August 22, 2016 at 1:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
Question Do you think someone would pay you for sex? Losty 184 14918 May 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Survey says! If you use more emojis than the norm, you think about sex more *Deidre* 28 5578 January 12, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Rare truth in advertising........ Brian37 3 1214 May 24, 2015 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  You think you guys can help me out with a paper (of all religions/non-religion)? Annik 7 2615 August 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda