Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good News Is That They Didn't...
The Good News Is That They Didn't...
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/iraqi-fo...-in-mosul/

Quote:Iraqi forces say IS destroyed historic tomb of Jonah in Mosul

as "jonah" is just as much a bullshit story as the rest of that fucking book.  The bad news is that they did blow up an Assyrian shrine to some other made up god/goddess.

Quote:Before its destruction, the site included an Assyrian temple that is believed to have been built around 1300 B.C. It also hosted a mosque that was built about four centuries ago during the Ottoman Empire.

Sermed Alwan, an Iraqi archeologist and president of Mesopotamia Heritage Association, the graveyard site attributed to Prophet Jonah was built six centuries ago, although it has been disputed whether the tomb belongs to the storied figure.
RE: The Good News Is That They Didn't...
I forget, other than living in a whale what the hell is Jonah suppose to have done?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It's an amazing bullshit story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah

Quote:God again commands Jonah to visit Nineveh and prophesy to its inhabitants. This time he goes and enters the city, crying, "In forty days Nineveh shall be overthrown."

The problem is that they date this bullshit to Jeroboam II who died c 746 BC and Nineveh was not destroyed until 612.... so "god" fucked up quite badly there!
(January 19, 2017 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/iraqi-fo...-in-mosul/

Quote:Iraqi forces say IS destroyed historic tomb of Jonah in Mosul

as "jonah" is just as much a bullshit story as the rest of that fucking book.  The bad news is that they did blow up an Assyrian shrine to some other made up god/goddess.

Quote:Before its destruction, the site included an Assyrian temple that is believed to have been built around 1300 B.C. It also hosted a mosque that was built about four centuries ago during the Ottoman Empire.

Sermed Alwan, an Iraqi archeologist and president of Mesopotamia Heritage Association, the graveyard site attributed to Prophet Jonah was built six centuries ago, although it has been disputed whether the tomb belongs to the storied figure.

Seems like the First Commandment in action, Exodus 34:11-14 = https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=TLB
(January 19, 2017 at 12:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I forget, other than living in a whale what the hell is Jonah suppose to have done?

God killed* his family because Jonah was too good a man.

* Ok to be totally accurate god subcontracted the killing to satan.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 22, 2017 at 9:57 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(January 19, 2017 at 12:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I forget, other than living in a whale what the hell is Jonah suppose to have done?

God killed* his family because Jonah was too good a man.

* Ok to be totally accurate god subcontracted the killing to satan.

Are you sure that it was Jonah's family and not Job's?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Trump didn't do anything barrysanders 27 1436 March 22, 2024 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 722 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4007 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 361 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Some Good News For Winterhold! BrianSoddingBoru4 2 362 February 5, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 469 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Good Cop/Bad Cop? Nope. All Good. BrianSoddingBoru4 43 3892 February 25, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Of Course You Didn't, Mike Minimalist 4 432 September 7, 2018 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 526 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  They Didn't Even Have The Decency To Use KY Jelly Minimalist 16 1783 December 4, 2017 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter