Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you all
Thank you all
In times like this I feel I should thank you all. For showing me that America isn't only it's politics and the ones running the show, but the people.

During the 80ies I was pretty Anti American, having only access to papers and tv to tell me the news. And my relatives, who were nice but pretty loud mouthed. But especially since the Bush years and the access to internet I learned that there's another America. One that stands up to what the country's supposed to be, and most of all ordinary people being as concerned as everyone on this planet.

So, I found out that I can find at least some common ground with all of you. Even the ones I usually don't agree with. There are a few beyond redemption, but, to only name one example. Even A Theist is deserving of my respect sometimes. Although I hate his guts for his political views.

OK, rant over.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Thank you all
Well, America has just became vastly more deserving of your 1980s attitude towards her than she had been during the 1980s.  You are out of phase.
Unfortunately, the side that "stands up for what America is supposed to be" doesn't stand up on voting day.

I'm doing my Min impression.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
America will always be in my heart for 4 reasons...

Elvis
Jimmi Hendrix
Mustangs
SW and ST
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thank you too, for being a great part of this community Smile I'm proud to be your friend.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, update your operation thread ...give us an update...
Are ya scoffin' those quadbypass burgers down yet or what!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 31, 2017 at 9:46 pm)ignoramus Wrote: America will always be in my heart for 4 reasons...

Elvis
Jimmi Hendrix
Mustangs
SW and ST

My list is lot shorter:

*herpes
Horrible disease that...
Why didn't you tell your engineer boyfriend to gargle with Listerine first? Hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 31, 2017 at 1:10 pm)abaris Wrote: In times like this I feel I should thank you all. For showing me that America isn't only it's politics and the ones running the show, but the people.

During the 80ies I was pretty Anti American, having only access to papers and tv to tell me the news. And my relatives, who were nice but pretty loud mouthed. But especially since the Bush years and the access to internet I learned that there's another America. One that stands up to what the country's supposed to be, and most of all ordinary people being as concerned as everyone on this planet.

So, I found out that I can find at least some common ground with all of you. Even the ones I usually don't agree with. There are a few beyond redemption, but, to only name one example. Even A Theist is deserving of my respect sometimes. Although I hate his guts for his political views.

OK, rant over.

Now, if only we could make this rude contraption of so many people, language, religion and culture diversity together (the EU), we could add another brick in human civilization. Tough job.
(February 1, 2017 at 3:14 am)ignoramus Wrote: Rob, update your operation thread ...give us an update...
Are ya scoffin' those quadbypass burgers down yet or what!

OK will do, cheers Smile Not a lot of news yet.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farming? Thank you SOuthern States lizbizdiz 40 3194 July 3, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Thank you. Mystic 51 5602 January 16, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2198 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Thank you, thank you Foxaèr 13 637 July 23, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Thank you! Catholic_Lady 60 10913 August 20, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Thank You Longhorn 34 4998 July 3, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Thank You AF polar bear 5 908 December 5, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thank-you: Fun with Lucifer! BlackSwordsman 10 2106 June 20, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Thank the god for science! Fruity 14 2531 October 9, 2013 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Just wanted too say thank you Lemonvariable72 13 3266 September 24, 2013 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Dragonetti