Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you!
Thank you!
I'm coming back as a participant in the discussion forums after taking some time off with no initial intentions of coming back.

For that, I would like to thank the people who reached out to me in kind messages after I left: Tiberius, KevinM1, Whateverist, Abaris, Emjay, Robvalue, Parkers Tan, Nestor, and Tartarus Sauce.

And also Minimalist and Rexbeccarox, who messaged me with some words of encouragement on that day.

Thank you! Shy 

(I'll probably avoid getting into deep discussions about my faith, as doing so has proven quite pointless and seldom leads to good, respectable discussion. So if I don't respond to one of your posts, please don't take offense and please don't think I blocked you!)
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Thank you!
Yay! Welcome back CL Heart

I was hoping you would return!

I'm totally fine with you not discussing your faith, you have no obligation to do so.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome back
Awesome! I loved having you around. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Next time you decide to leave, let me know beforehand so the I can tag along Smile
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Nice to have you back. Wink
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I've been a really good boy while you were away Angel
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Excellent news. This forum is better with good theists in it. Smile
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(August 4, 2015 at 12:04 pm)robvalue Wrote: I've been a really good boy while you were away Angel

Haha, sure you have, Rob. Sure you have...

Big Grin
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Make him confess. Tell the nice lady how you've been bad, really bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farming? Thank you SOuthern States lizbizdiz 40 3193 July 3, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Thank you. Mystic 51 5600 January 16, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Thank you, thank you Foxaèr 13 636 July 23, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Thank you all abaris 14 2371 February 1, 2017 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Thank You Longhorn 34 4994 July 3, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Thank You AF polar bear 5 908 December 5, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thank-you: Fun with Lucifer! BlackSwordsman 10 2091 June 20, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Thank the god for science! Fruity 14 2531 October 9, 2013 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Just wanted too say thank you Lemonvariable72 13 3265 September 24, 2013 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  A thank you... catfish 169 23272 February 15, 2013 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Violet