Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the dark side :)
Greetings from the dark side :)
Hi everyone Rolleyes I just recently signed up to this forum, I'm 22 y/o female, ex-muslim from Asia.. that's why I call it the dark side. I've been an agnostic for more than 2 years now.. much comfortable in the ' I don't know ' position rather than Atheism, I'm just not sure if God exists and do not want to deny Him maybe because I was such a religious muslim that it had taken a mental toll on me. Still a closeted agnostic, but not likely to get killed in where I live, muslims here generally peaceful people and we have been living with non-muslims in harmony for generations and I don't want to ruin that. After how much my mind have changed these past few years, I feel really lonely both inside and outside. To realize that I have to lie to everyone around me, friends and family, having to pretend, having to try, this could make me go mental. This feeling of being very different in a bad way in the community is unimaginably horrible. Anyway, I'm here to gain much more understanding of agnosticism/atheism, considering that I have not much basic understanding of it , I only encountered the term atheism when I was 17
RE: Greetings from the dark side :)
Welcome to the dark side Smile

You can submit your non-existent soul at the front desk. Someone will be here with the refreshments shortly
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Howdy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello.
Welcome.

I've noticed that, world wide, ex-Muslims seem to be a growing trend (one I like).
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. I would never say I know for sure a god doesn't exist either, but boy would it be depressing for me. He, in all his forms, seems worse than a Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy (maybe slightly better looking than Gacy). I hope you make some friends amongst us.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome....

Hide your tracks on your browser!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 774 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1191 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 814 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1295 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1262 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1286 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2798 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1021 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm