Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunt says NHS problems 'unacceptable'
Hunt says NHS problems 'unacceptable'
Hunt should just resign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38926697

Quote:Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has conceded the NHS in England is facing "completely unacceptable" problems.

He said there was "no excuse" for some of the difficulties highlighted during the BBC's NHS week and the government had a plan to help hospitals cope.

A series of reports has revealed lengthening waits in A&E and patients being left for hours on trolleys.

Sir Robert Francis QC, who investigated failings in Mid Staffordshire, said the NHS was facing an "existential crisis".

However, in an exclusive interview with the BBC, Mr Hunt said the key was to treat more people "at home and in the community" to ease the burden on hard-pressed hospitals.
RE: Hunt says NHS problems 'unacceptable'
Fuck it, every overpaid manager in the NHS should just resign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38948255

Quote:Surgeons at hospitals in England are being left "kicking their heels" because operations are being cancelled due to bed shortages, NHS leaders say.

Royal College of Surgeons president Clare Marx said the "shocking waste" was a symptom of NHS underfunding.

In a joint letter to the Sunday Times with NHS Providers chief executive Chris Hopson, she said patients and staff deserved better.

NHS England said only 1% of operations were cancelled at the last minute.

The letter said: "Because of bed shortages, staff including surgeons are now sometimes left kicking their heels, waiting for beds to become available so they can operate.

"Too often managers, nurses and doctors waste time trying to find somewhere to look after patients [after surgery].

"At a time when the NHS is being told to make the most of its resources, this is a shocking waste."

To minimise the risk of infections and delays in getting treatment, hospitals are meant to have no more than 85% of beds occupied.
Most people here rave about the NHS. What would you like to see different?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"Unacceptable"

Then stop gradually starving it of oxygen in order to replace with a privatised version, you CUNT.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Still better than 'Murica health care. It's a land where people have to choose between sickness and bankruptcy so often that anyone who isn't for universal healthcare is either wealthy enough to pay for anything they and their family might need (which would constitute about 2% of the population) or they simply haven't yet had to suffer through such a decision.

Then there are people who simply choose to die because treatment would leave their family in dire financial straits.

Is any healthcare system perfect? Certainly not. But there are degrees of quality.
(February 12, 2017 at 11:36 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Most people here rave about the NHS. What would you like to see different?

Honestly, I don't know but simple steps such as billing binge drinkers who end up in A&E, and clamping down on health tourism could save a bit of money.

Reducing the wages of the overpaid higher-ups might be also be a step in the right direction.

Britain currently spends around £12 billion on foreign aid a year, to countries such as Pakistan and India, which could easily be stopped entirely or cut and diverted to the NHS instead.

(February 12, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(February 12, 2017 at 11:36 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Most people here rave about the NHS. What would you like to see different?

Honestly, I don't know but simple steps such as billing binge drinkers who end up in A&E, and clamping down on health tourism could save a bit of money.

Reducing the wages of the overpaid higher-ups might be also be a step in the right direction.

Britain currently spends around £12 billion on foreign aid a year, to countries such as Pakistan and India, which could easily be stopped entirely or cut and diverted to the NHS instead.

I'd also add, start making smokers and very obese people pay for their own healthcare, tbh.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(February 12, 2017 at 2:08 pm)Regina Wrote:
(February 12, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Honestly, I don't know but simple steps such as billing binge drinkers who end up in A&E, and clamping down on health tourism could save a bit of money.

I'd also add, start making smokers and very obese people pay for their own healthcare, tbh.

Punishing addicts? They deserve to have to pay >$10k for their lung cancer treatment out of pocket because fuck those stupid losers!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Ok, well pay part of it then. If the NHS is struggling to stay afloat, we need to give incentives to people to start taking better care of their bodies to relieve pressure.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(February 12, 2017 at 2:08 pm)Regina Wrote: I'd also add, start making smokers and very obese people pay for their own healthcare, tbh.

I wouldn't necessarily be against that, but it depends on how the person became obese. If they are just greedy then yes but what about those with a genuine medical condition?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says WinterHold 262 17808 March 28, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2912 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12204 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Donald Trump's wife says she "could be the most bullied person in the world" Seraphina 22 2773 October 14, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 485 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11317 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Orange rat says he will "do it under oath"? Brian37 10 1732 January 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty Tiberius 17 2900 January 21, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Norway Says "No Thanks." Minimalist 66 9192 January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Guess Indiana Has No Pressing Problems Minimalist 11 1725 December 31, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Divinity