Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans shouldn't be allowed to complain about wasteful spending
Republicans shouldn't be allowed to complain about wasteful spending
So I guess Trump wants to increase our military budget. Can someone tell me how almost almost $600 billion isn't enough? We're not even in a war!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Republicans shouldn't be allowed to complain about wasteful spending
(February 27, 2017 at 11:17 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: So I guess Trump wants to increase our military budget. Can someone tell me how almost almost $600 billion isn't enough? We're not even in a war!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

He's obviously gearing up for one.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
To quote Robert Fulgham:

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and our air force has to have a bake-sale to buy a bomber.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(February 27, 2017 at 11:20 pm)Cecelia Wrote: To quote Robert Fulgham:

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and our air force has to have a bake-sale to buy a bomber.

“The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five.” -Carl Sagan

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
How about instead of fighting wars, you, uh, deal with the shit going on at home first?
A lot of the stuff he does is to keep his base and the other republicans happy. Me, I wish we could be more like the rest of the world and cut %50 of our military spending and use that money in ways that directly help the people. Although the military industrial complex keeps countless people employed making military equipment that we often don't use. This is one reason why military spending isn't cut.

You can bet all the republicans and many of the democrats are funded by defense contractors.
The discussion in the media here is that it's an easy way to create jobs without having to make too much effort.
Dying to live, living to die.
Bingo Valkyrie.
(February 27, 2017 at 11:21 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
Quote:"We never win a war. We never win. And we don't fight to win. We don't fight to win," Trump said Monday in remarks to the nation's governors. "So we either got to win or don't fight it at all."

How about instead of fighting wars, you, uh, deal with the shit going on at home first?

Oh, no.  The WLB just figured out that health care was complicated.  That dipshit needs simple concepts.... like "Boom."
Indeed if he keeps trying to wrap his cave man around domestic affairs his heads likely to explode

[Image: head-explode.jpg]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1987 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3180 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1190 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1244 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 811 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 1949 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 596 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4386 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Republicans, can you explain this to me? Losty 47 6541 May 10, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Can the polarization between Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. be reversed? Angrboda 36 5682 December 4, 2018 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Little lunch