Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Sense shows religion screws people up.
Common Sense shows religion screws people up.
OK, try this, I'm an Atheist and I don't care what these religious, screwed, brain twisted pricks think about me, I'm proud to be an Atheist.

To all you religious dopes out there, how many animals have you seen go to church?  If you answer none, I can tell you why, only human beings developed a spoken form of communication, and as a result, this communication can be used to manipulate others, and being that animals don't have a spoken form of communication, they can not be co-erst into believing a load of shit, and as such, they have absolutely no idea about religion, they live day to day, knowing they just exist.

Personally, I hope in the very near future, (maybe 100 years or so), religion will be as ancient as the dinosaurs.  think about this:-

1..........Way, way back there was a Norsk religion where people worshiped mythical gods like Thor, and Odin, and believed they would go to Valhalla, and there were several gods in 9 realms and Asgard being one of them, and guess what?  do the Norsk people of today believe in all that?  NO!

2..........Way, way back when the Romans also worshiped mythical gods, such as Zeus, Athena, Mars, Aires, do the people of Rome do that now?  NO!

There's my point, There was many different religions back then as there are many now, and they ALL faded, when people started to realize because of science, that there is NO Zeus, NO Athena, NO Odin, NO Thor, and as people start to realize now, there is NO god of any kind, then current religions will go by the way of the ancient times, and just fade into nothing.

Think about this also:- the 13 colonies that shaped America, was because of religious persecution, the Salem witch trials was fed by religion, the Christian crusades massacred thousands all because of religion,,, the native Americans was hunted and killed because they would not conform to Christianity and were then called savage because they didn't just lay down and take it, Christians believe (as do a lot of others) about the holy war,,,, yes, a war of massacre, but it's OK, because it's all in the name of religion.  You see what religion does?  Without it, we humans will be able to live in peace.
RE: Common Sense shows religion screws people up.
Well, some of the folks coming to those 13 colonies came here to spread religious persecution. And they brought a generous dollop of religious intolerance too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 14, 2017 at 11:52 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, some of the folks coming to those 13 colonies came here to spread religious persecution.  And they brought a generous dollop of religious intolerance too.

Yup. The whole point of separation of church and state was to form a union that didn't discriminate against all those other religious sects that came here to discriminate against all the others who came here. Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 15, 2017 at 12:57 am)Fireball Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 11:52 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, some of the folks coming to those 13 colonies came here to spread religious persecution.  And they brought a generous dollop of religious intolerance too.

Yup. The whole point of separation of church and state was to form a union that didn't discriminate against all those other religious sects that came here to discriminate against all the others who came here. Big Grin

And see what's happened now with all those religions that the 1st amendment protects, unchecked, they are being used as umbrella's for hidden illegal acts, such as:-

If you agree with pedophilia, become a Jehovah's Witness, if you don't believe in Dr's and want to die tomorrow, become a Mormon, if you still believe that women are inferior and should only be allowed to do the thing her husband orders her to do, then become a Muslim or Christian.  That's why I say religion of all forms should be monitored, and ANY illegal acts against humanity should be dealt with by the law, not by just repenting and you can do it again and again.

The Jehovah's witness say there has to be 2 witnesses to a rape, assault or molestation, yeah right,,,,,as if someone is going to stop 2 people and say, wait there a minute I want you to witness this indecent act on this 12 year old girl I'll be performing, so that you can report it to the elders.

If someone wants to create a new religion then it should be closely monitored, and it's practices closely scrutinized just in case any of it is illegal.

The 13 colonies escaped to the America's because of British persecution, even though those colonies were British in themselves:-

13 colonies wikipedia

If those colonists were not religious, then there would be no war between the Indians and Americans, everyone would be living in peace.

See,  religion is the most cruelest form of twisted mind control imaginable.  I'm glad to be an Atheist.

Here's some proof of how bad religion is:- Even the bible condones slavery:- http://www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/slavery/

Bollocks. Those people loved and cherished religious freedom. In fact, they loved freedom of religion so much, they wanted to keep it all to themselves.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Rant much? Glad you got that off your chest.

Citing atrocities done in the name of religion does nothing to advance your position, the same case can be made for the nonreligious.
(March 15, 2017 at 9:38 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: Rant much?  Glad you got that off your chest.  

Citing atrocities done in the name of religion does nothing to advance your position, the same case can be made for the nonreligious.

And thus is a prime bit of evidence; that believing in god has little or no positive effect on behaviour.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(March 14, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Usalabs Wrote: You see what religion does?  Without it, we humans will be able to live in peace.

Why doesn't North Korea or China have peace? Why didn't the Soviet Union have peace? I guess it's all the theists in those countries who keep stirring things up. Maybe once the atheists in those governments kill all the theists off then they will be able to have peace.
There will likely always be some form of religion, humans aren't completely rational.
Your facts seem a little muddled, Zeus, Athena and Ares are Greek.
Each of the 13  British colonies in North America were founded for different reasons, political, economic, religious , legal, etc. etc.
The primary cause of conflict with the Native Americans was economic expansionism (ie, land grabs when someone thought it would be worth something.)
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(March 18, 2017 at 8:19 pm)Lek Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Usalabs Wrote: You see what religion does?  Without it, we humans will be able to live in peace.

Why doesn't North Korea or China have peace?  Why didn't the Soviet Union have peace?  I guess it's all the theists in those countries who keep stirring things up.  Maybe once the atheists in those governments kill all the theists off then they will be able to have peace.

On the contrary, I think you'll find that North Korea and China are two of the most peaceful nations on the planet. The United States, on the other hand, with an extremely high percentage of religionists (as compared to other countries), is one of the most warlike.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4029 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2692 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9631 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  What makes people believe in religion? LetThereBeNoGod 11 3149 February 21, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think? ErGingerbreadMandude 31 5404 December 27, 2016 at 2:07 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  How would you respond to these common theist statements? TheMonster 21 5226 July 5, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Schooling on Facebook with Common Sesnse dyresand 11 3357 March 31, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  In need of a more humbleness. Why condemning the Theistic position makes no sense. Mystic 141 23681 September 22, 2014 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Chas
  Are there people you CANNOT discuss religion with? Mudhammam 19 4275 June 23, 2014 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist